Pains from past

Were We Written in the Sand

...
FLASHBACK:

"Tarika."

Abhijeet called behind her back who was closing the door of her car after arriving at the Bureau. She paused and took a long time to turn around.

Abhijeet's heart skipped a beat seeing her appearance. The always in formals for office Tarika was glowing in after marriage beauty in plain blackish red colour saree with a black sleeveless blouse. Her hair was opened. Abhijeet's eyes were stuck over her neck, on the wedding chain. The look he always imagined her to be his only. He suddenly feel suffocated. A different kind of rag strated to grow inside him. The kind of rag which wanted to destroy everything around him. He calmed himself down with great difficulty.

Tarika touched the wedding chain, uncomfortable with his staring making him look away. But he didn't talk. He didn't know what to talk. He wanted to grab her by her shoulders and shout at the top of his voice, demanding explanation. But mostly, he wanted her to initiate. He was afraid his rag would destroy the little chance he had. The chance he thought he had.

But she stayed quiet too, for a long time.

"How.. how are you?" Finally she asked. May be giving up, accepting she had to face his rags anyway.

"How am I looking?" Abhijeet asked, helpless.

"You.. look pale."

"I am broken Tarika " Abhijeet urged, a drop of tear rolled down his cheek.

Tarika looked down, trying to hide her own tears, but her sobs were loud enough to hear.

"I am sorry Abhijeet." She managed to say.

"Sorry? Its all you have to say?" Abhijeet demanded.

Tarika stayed quiet.

"Answer me Tarika " His voice was loud.

She didn't budge.

"I do have the right to know why you have done this to me, don't I?" Abhijeet was getting ragged.

"It doesn't matter. Nothing matters now. NOTHING." Tarika cried. "So its better if you move-"

"Don't." Abhijeet stopped her to say the next word.

"Why not? I am someone's wife now." Tarika shouted.

"I dont care." Abhijeet said firmly.

Tarika looked at him with a jerk, shocked on his response. This was the last thing she would have wanted him to say. She would have ever wanted him to say.

"What?" She asked, with a feeble voice.

"I said I don't care."

"Abhijeet..."

"Just say that you want to and I..."

"Shut up Abhijeet..."

"I know its not going to be easy for you but..."

"I said SHUT UP. Shut up before I slap you." Tarika shouted. "Is this all joke to you? Huh?"

Abhijeet looked at her blank as his hopes were getting crushed for one more time.

"You didn't even ask me Abhijeet that how am I? Why have I done this? If I am forced? If forced then why? You could have asked me to move on."

"I dont want you to move on ever." Abhijeet held her by her shoulders.

"Abhijeet leave me." She struggled.

"Say, you don't love me?" He shook her.

"Abhijeet..."