Prologue

Were We Written in the Sand
....
His eyes were stuck on the name printed with black ink over the paper in his hand from a long time. The emotions inside him started to run wild which had been subsided after a series of hard working once again. It wasn't like the feels were faded, but they were buried inside him so deeply that people around him believed they were gone.

But it was not possible ever. He had loved her with every drop of his blood. He might not have expressed his feelings so openly but he did have them in him. If he were expressive, she might have stayed. He could never stop thinking about it. Although she had said it wasn't anything like that. But he knew. His acceptance would have given her strength to fight for him longer. Long enough to wait for him.

When he could have her he didn't try much but when he lost her he took some futile and yet shameful attempts, degrading his and her positions and also ruining the beautiful feelings they might had shared once.

'Don't make me hate you Abhijeet.' She had finally said.

Her words still rang in his ears. He had given up. Perhaps he could live without her love but not with hateress in her eyes for him. It wasn't easy to let her go but he realized he had lost her way before that.

6 years! In between chasing the criminals he had passed these years fast enough. But everyday when he returned home the loneliness would grab him so strongly that his attempts to fight them never worked. Not a single day had been passed without her crossing his mind. He had learned to live like that. There's time when he felt like running to her, not to make her come back in his life. He wanted to run to her just to see her. He didn't know if she's happy or sad. Although she promised him while leaving she would keep herself happy if he came  back to his usual self. He kept his promise. He came back as the brilliant officer he was before, within a few months. But he couldn't find out of she knew, if she had kept her promise. He couldn't find out because  he had to keep her another promise of not trying to find her whereabouts ever.

But destiny had made them crossed each others path again. He sigh and looked up at the sky. He's not sure if he's ready to face her.

"Abhijeet," Daya joined him, "if you are not okay we can talk to ACP sir and..."

"I am fine." Abhijeet said.

"Abhijeet. ACP sir will understand."

"I haven't seen her in years Daya." Abhijeet looked at his friend with hopes in his eyes.

"And I think you shouldn't."

"Huh," Abhijeet chuckled, "you think I am going to trouble her?"

"I can't exclude the possibilities but I am not stopping you for this."

Abhijeet gave him a questioning look.

"It was very hard for you. You have been doing fine now. I don't want you to face her and go through the same pain all over again." Daya said in a low voice.

"If you think I am fine right now then trust me I will be much better in next few weeks."

Abhijeet tapped Daya's shoulder and walked away with a rueful smile.
.
.
KK: So here's the prologue. Tell me if its good enough? Trying my hand on emotional concept after long. Hoping to do justice with my nick name 'emo-queen'.