Chapter II

We finally pulled into my driveway and saw that no one was home. Now we can do whatever. My mom always complained about being too loud, but Ben was always glued to his laptop so he doesn't care.

If you haven't figured it out by now, my mom was a little uptight but Ben was pretty laid back. Gina thought otherwise.

We were home not even 10 minutes and Gina was talking about my "creepy" stepdad. "Tonya I'm telling you, your stepdad is a little off." Gina said. "What do you mean "off"?" I asked, my eyebrow raised.

"Okay. The last time I was here, I walked past him to go to the bathroom and when I turned my head, Ben was looking at brass knuckles." She explained. I scrunched my eyebrows and gave her an 'are you kidding me' look.

"Gina I highly doubt there is a specific purpose for it. Maybe it's for self defense reasons, you never know." I said, attempting to reassure her. Unfortunately it didn't seem to phase Gina.

"I have to say I agree with Toyna. I mean yeah the guy has his moments but all in all, he seems pretty cool." Darren said. I silently applauded him for standing up for me, but instantly stopped when I glanced at Gina. She was shooting daggers at Darren who didn't seem offended by it.

Gina looked at me and sighed. "Okay fine. But if Ben does something that freaks both of you out, don't come crying to me about it." I chuckled slightly and shook my head.

"Gina I can promise you that Ben won't do anything!" I said. Gina have a slight smile before grabbing a water bottle out of the refrigerator. I heard the door open and slam shut. Crap. That has to be Ben. He only does that when he's mad.

"And that's my cue to leave." Darren said. "Right behind ya." Gina replied scurrying behind Darren. I followed them giving both a questioning look. They both shrugged and Darren winked at me. Damn it Darren.

I walked back inside to see Ben sitting at the desk with his hands in his hair. I shook it off and walked back to my room. I plopped into my desk and looked down at a Shakespeare book that I've just finished reading for the millionth time.

Then something came over me. An inspiration. An urge. But it would be ridiculous. I pushed it aside thinking it was nothing and laid down to take a nap.

After about 10 minutes, I was woken up to shouting. I got up groggily and sauntered to my door and cracked it open a tiny bit. Of course, mom and Ben were fighting. I rolled my eyes and walked over to my night stand to check my phone. I got a text from my aunt Cindy.

Aunt: what's up buttercup???
Me: nm just sitting here waiting for thing 1 and 2 to stop bickering
Aunt: again?! That's the 3rd time this week! Something's up. I'll talk to you later. Love ya shortie;)
Me: lol love ya 2

Me and my aunt have the best relationship ever. Since my dad didn't show up as soon as I was born, my aunt was the first family member to hold me. Ever since then, me and my aunt have had a really close knit relationship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After 15 minutes of fighting, my bedroom door opens revealing my red faced mother. Her cheeks were tear stained and blotchy, but looked infuriated. "Get you things together Tonya. We're leaving." She said closing my door.

Leaving? What was that argument about? I packed some thing that I would typically need, and 4 days worth of clothes. Listening out my door for any shouting, I decided it was safe to go downstairs. I dropped my duffle bag and got a little curious.

"There's gotta be something that started the argument." I said to myself. Then it hit me. Ben had his hands in his hair looking stressed and what do men do when they get stressed? Or at least Ben. Watch porn. I looked on the computers search history and, sure enough, there it was.

Endless amounts of videos were plastered on the monitor. That's probably what set my mom off. I shut the computer off when I heard my mom's bedroom door open. She looked as if she had calmed down a little and she was carrying a suitcase and another bag.

I walked out to the car and shoved my bag in the back seat and climbed into the passenger side. My mom soon followed and started the car.

The ride to where ever we were going was silent. All except for my moms slight sobbing. I felt awkward just sitting there listening to my mother cry, so I just put my headphones in and listened to fall out boy, my favorite band.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a good 15 minutes of being on the road, I felt the car start to pick up speed. I panicked a little bit because we were going almost 60 in a 45.

I looked over at my mom, but she didn't look at me. She kept her eyes forward, gripping tightly to the steering wheel. She didn't look sad or anywhere close to mad.she looked pissed. Shit. That isn't good at all. If my mother is mad, then you better run because she will destroy anything near her.

I decided to just take a power nap to get my mind off of things. But I was awoken by a sudden impact that would change my life for as long as I lived.