14| Stolen Innocence and Straight Ignorance

"We all have someone or some reason that anchors us to a person or purpose and that anchor is too heavy to take out of the depth of our oceans

"We all have someone or some reason that anchors us to a person or purpose and that anchor is too heavy to take out of the depth of our oceans. We're all fighting for something that keeps us afloat even if we don't know it yet."

-Giovanni De Martel (Venomous Alliances)

TW: Sexual Assault, Murder, Fire, underaged (sorta) drinking.

I first met Leo when I was fourteen about to turn fifteen. At this time my mother had just gotten pregnant with Akiko. So my mother was a bit moodier than usual.

The Asian mafia had invited all the other mafias over for my birthday celebration because I'd officially be a son of the Mafia, I'd be among the men who would rule the world. Which I practically did, I mean our family did take over the Japanese and Chinese mobs over the years so our mafia was pretty big.

This time we celebrated my birthday in Beijing, my father got us a huge hotel in our birth last name Leywon- Ryujin. My mother firmly believed in us using our Japanese heritage in our names and Ryujin was a name for the Japanese storm dragon god and king.

My father's money bought the place, but my mother argued with contractors to build the place to her standards.

Anyways we held the party in our family's new hotel, where I met other men and children who ruled the world. I talked to leaders of other mafias, met their daughters who they hoped I liked since they wished to be married into my family for power and alliance.

That was the first day I had also met Chief Devereaux, Adora's dad, and his sons. Adora's father was one of the most trusted assassins and investigators in the underground world. If he was on the case he was bound to solve it all and figure it out.

He was dangerous and well respected among men, they also feared him because he was powerful. His organization UP was in alliance with the powerful mafias in exchange for information and compliance to his code. He started out as an FBI profiler and forensic specialist until a mission complicated things making him go undercover and change his perspective on things.