12「suna and shinji」

You were in the middle of a warm, comforting sleep when you suddenly felt a tugging on the corner of your duvet

"Wake up," Suna says in his best dull voice.

You inhale deeply and pull yourself further into the covers with your eyes shut. "No."

There is a pause and then a sigh from Suna's end until you hear the muted shuffling of his footsteps receding. You almost start to relax into slumber once more until the sound of a flicked switch echoes. You only have a short window to dread what comes next; the light above you flashes on, and your eyelids twitch in recoil. You try to shield them, but the brightness has already seeped into your mind, struggling to make sense of anything.

"It's 5:00 AM. You have about a half-hour to prepare, then we'll leave for work." Suna says. Although you cannot see him well, you hear him leave and shut the door.

You huff, desperately wanting to grasp the two hours of sleep you still required. Although you did not wish to follow Suna's suggestions, you felt stuck between a rock and a hard place, which only stood to irritate you more this early morning. Even if you can get up this early and it takes you half an hour to prepare, it was a decision he made on your behalf without thoroughly consulting you. That was not something you appreciated.

You thrash your duvet off and get up hastily, though you still felt groggy and blindsided in many ways. With less than 30 minutes to spare, you must rush through your routine until 5:31 AM, when you find yourself looking for Suna around the apartment. Already dressed in your heels, you clack around the apartment to find that he is nowhere, though you did not look inside his bedroom. The door to it is closed as usual, and looking inside would be your last resort.

Due to the room's level of secrecy in your mind, you felt hesitant to look, but it is now 5:34 AM, and your irritation has reached a high. You are about to grip the door handle when you hear your cellphone vibrate in your purse. Grabbing it and waking the screen, you see a text from Suna. "Downstairs already. We're four minutes off schedule...?" You read out the message before pausing. The hairs on the nape of your neck rise, and you feel a bubbling heat within you, but you let out a deep sigh and head out the front door.