Chapter Seven: Fire, Water, and Light

The Doctors had managed to stabilize Silver, however he remained comatose. Gold and Lyna hadn't left the Medical Lab in days, remaining by his side. They both felt it was where they needed to be, much to Doctors dismay.

Queen Serenity checked on them periodically, making sure they ate, or slept. What she found semi strange, was that when they did sleep, they slept together.

When confronting Gold about it, she explained, that as long as Silver wasn't awake, they felt safer sleeping together, then they did apart.

"Until he wakes up, this is what's necessary." The young Mistress of Fire stated. The Queen thought this was unnecessary, but when she saw the exhaustion in the girl's face, she didn't question it.

"Loran Silverlance May be leaving us alone for the time being." Gold said, tiredly. "But that doesn't mean we're safe. Staying together is our best bet." The Queen nodded, then left.

"She'll never understand." Gold mumbled, looking over at Lyna, who had her fiancé's metal hand in hers. "None of them do." Gold was so exhausted, she hadn't noticed Terry, who was standing by the door.

"We're all worried about him, Goldie." He said, entering the room. Gold turned to face him, reacting to her favourite nickname. "But we must remain strong."

"Terry, I don't know if I can." She said, sadness in her already velvet voice. "I spent sixteen years without him in my life. Since meeting him, I can't live without him."

Terry walked up, and hugged the girl. She burst into tears, which he expected. However, what came next, he didn't expect. Gold, through tears, full on kissed him.

Breaking off, Gold looked him in the eye. "You've always been so nice to me." She said, smiling. "This whole ordeal has been so hard, so having you and Lyna look after me, it's comforting. Thank you."

Terry smiled. "I heard you say that you and Lyna have been sleeping together, to keep each other safe. If you want, ill stay with you, and keep an eye on you when you sleep." He said, pointing at Lyna, who had dozed off, resting her head on Silver's lap. "Considering you've been trying to stay awake, making sure that Lyna is safe."

"How can you tell?" Gold asked, before remembering how tired she was. "I guess you're right." She let go of him, and he sat in a comfy chair, that had been brought in for the girls to share. As he got relaxed, Gold climbed onto his lap, and within a couple of minutes, was sound asleep.

"My world is in my lap." The young Master said, stroking The young Mistress' hair. "But I don't know if I can tell her." Looking over at Silver's bed, he saw that Lyna had woken up, and had heard what he'd just said.

"She'll accept you." Lyna said, a slight smile on her face. "She's told me how she feels about you. You just need to let this blow over. Once it does, she will come to you."

"How are you so calm, right now?" Terry asked. "With Silver how He is, you should be hysterical, like you were when Gerry and I brought him in here."

"I can be calm, because I know he'll wake up." Lyna said, walking over, and sitting in the arm of the chair. She wiped a tear from Gold's face. "And I have to be strong. Gold is always strong. And she's been so kind to me, during all of this, I have to be here for her."

"I envy Silver." Terry said, looking at his comatose brother. "He has a beautiful fiancée, and an equally stunning sister, waiting for him when he wakes up." Lyna smiled.

"You fear that, once the dust settles, you'll be left alone, correct?" She asked, smiling softly. She caressed Gold's cheek, while keeping up with the conversation. "If you don't mind me asking, what attracted you to her?"

Terry looked from Lyna, to Gold. "It's her personality, the softness of her voice, how kind she is, her dedication to her Brother, the list goes on. I mean, sure, she's absolutely stunning, but looks aren't everything."

Lyna looked at Gold, and watched a blush appear in her face, unnoticed by Terry. "You know, Terry." She began, not using his full first name for once. "When you're both ready, that's how you let her know. Say it exactly how you said it to me."

Gold then began stirring. She sat up. "Did I fall asleep?" She asked, before realizing that she was on Terry's lap. "Oh my word! I am so sorry!" She jumped up, off his lap.

"It's alright Goldie." Terry said, standing up. "I should go check on other things around the castle." He went to the door. "Oh, and Lyna?" She gave him a confused look. "Thanks." He walked out of the room.

"No problem." Lyna smiled at the door, before looking at Gold. "How much of that did you hear?" Gold had a bright red blush on her face.

"I woke up, just as you two started talking about me." Gold stated, sitting in the chair, that Terry just made vacant. "I never realized he cared about me that much."

"Hey, you kissed him, didn't you?" Lyna asked, partially curious, partially teasing. "How was that?" Gold turned red as a beat. This told Lyna everything she needed to know. "I think he's waited long enough. Don't you?"