The second part

It was my 18th birthday, the boss (his name is Oliver but he looks more like a ripped Jesus Christ with graying hair and a beard than an Oliver so I call him boss) took me out for dinner. The place he took me too looked pretty nice, the kind of place that looks like it's family owned and the only problems the family has is the rebellious teenage son whos in a phase he'll grow out of soon. So to me it was absolute heaven.

When he took me, in the waitress eyed us, like she was jealous of either me or boss, I couldn't tell, but he shot down that idea pretty quick. He fluffws my choppy black hair and said "my daughter's turning 18 today"

On the way to the booth it hit me right in my chest, like a boulder depositing itself in my ribcage.

"my DAUGHTER's turning 18 today," he said.
I could've started bawling then and there, but I did my best to keep my composure as I sat down and read the menu. Boss got a big steak I couldn't remember the name of and I got the biggest burger I saw on the menu, knowing I probably wouldn't be able to finish it but wanting it anyway.

Then he pulled out the key. "I'm gettin' pretty sick Rosey," he said holding the key out to me, "I never had any family but I was hopin' to change that before I waste away" I took the key with trembling hands, I examined it carefully, trying and failing to hold back tears as I read the engraving on the back.
"home" it said.