.01

𝘛𝘞: 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘰𝘵

──────────────────────────

Your eyes were foggy and out of focus as you felt the soft textured moss of the lonesome forest floor, you had trouble keeping your neck up as to see where you were aimlessly trudging to. You didn't know where you were, and you didn't remember anything that could've gotten you in this situation. Your body felt cold, your mind was foggy, you felt empty inside- you didn't know what to distinguish what was real and what was in your head, you didn't feel anything but confusion at the moment. You didn't question the bruises and cuts littering your body or the gash that was split and actively bleeding across your chest out of where your heart was residing. Everything felt out of place for you.

You dazed in and out of consciousness as you struggled to breath, your quiet breath rasping out to no one. Your legs suddenly buckled as you promptly fell against the soft moss, the fuzzy surface underneath your aching body tickled at the slight touch. You stared above you at the foggy sky with scraggly dead branches reaching out for what seemed to be God himself. It was a beautiful sight as the air around you moistened from the murky fog. Your eyes felt heavy and you heaved against the cold air around you, your head felt heavier as sudden pain struck your throat.

You wailed as your flung your head back to the forest ground, you choked as your fingernails clawed at your neck leaving red trails behind them. Tears left your foggy eyes and slid down your cold cheek and onto the ground before them.

You couldn't breath anymore, everything hurt. You let out a choked sob as your hands hugged your neck, everything around you was spinning, your ears were ringing, you were howling at the pain yet you doubted that anyone could hear you. Your vision blurred and your wailing became deaf to you as you slowly closed your eyes and slipped from consciousness.

───────────────────────────

You awoke in time as your eyes struggled to open, you no longer felt the soft ticklish texture but instead a smooth satin fabric that was being laid against the side of your head, you felt someone brushing through your hair with their fingertips, you relaxed slightly at the sensation. You laid there for awhile on a stranger's lap, staring longingly at the dead trees that surrounded you.

They continued to brush through your hair and occasionally carressed your cold cheek. You were aware that they knew that you were awake, you didn't feel anything about the situation, you didn't feel scared, you just felt empty. Eventually though a sudden voice piped up, cutting through the quiet atmosphere that once enveloped you, "my dear do you know what took place here?" The voice was strung out and dry, it held a thick accent with it as the man you were laid on spoke, you shook your head slightly against him. He seemed to get the memo as he deeply sighed, "I know that there could be a better-" he paused taking a look around "eh, place to explain"
he gestured to the overgrown forest to where you both were sat at, you craned your neck to look at the strange man who was brushing your hair not too long ago to only be met with several questions that didn't include"who are you" or "where am I" but instead "Are you wearing face paint?" His eye's widened slightly at the remark but then brightened instantly, his white eye catching more of your attention as it practically glowed in the mist, he grinned with his pearly whites and barked a laugh as his chest rumbled from laughter "why yes! Yes I am wearing face paint piccolino" He smiled as his eyes locked onto yours, you looked at him more and examined his attire, you noticed how he was still slowly brushing through your hair with his gloved hand but didn't mind at all, in fact it helped you calm down about- whatever situation this was.

"Signorina I hope you don't mind but- could I please take you somewhere safer than out here?" He spoke out softly, still looking at you, although he must've heard how shady he sounded once he quickly explained himself "ah that wasn't how I wanted to put it" he tsked himself but quickly regained his confidence "Signorina may I please explain once we reach the chapel, it's where I and many others reside at- I can explain and offer needs to your wounds" his eyes traced along the small cuts, bruises, and of course the gash along your chest that was still freely bleeding as it pleased.

You thought for a moment not really sure what to do, you don't remember anything, you're hurt badly, and this strange man with an Italian accent and face paint is offering help by wanting to take you to a chapel in what seems to be in the middle of the woods, you didn't have that many options here so you looked at him and slowly nodded in approval. He smiled softly and aided you up to your feet, and off you both were to a mysterious chapel in the woods..