𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨

˚☽˚

"𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥."

𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫/𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬:Heavily implied child abuse, underage smoking, descriptions of violence

Heavily implied child abuse, underage smoking, descriptions of violence.

𝐆𝐮𝐢𝐥𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨

   𝐖𝐫𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 last night. His father had been home, he was waiting in the kitchen. He asked Wren where the car was, the boy didn't know how to answer. He said he'd pick it up on Monday, when he went back to school. Jackson didn't like that response, he never liked anything his son said.

   Wren said he was sorry, and that he left with a friend. His father scoffed at him, and said that a boy like Wren couldn't have any friends. Wren tried to creep slowly into his bedroom, as to not anger his dad. It usually worked, although that night it didn't.

   For a second, when he woke up, he didn't know where he was. His head was spinning, and he thought he might've died. Normally, he'd wake up on his twin mattress to either the light in his eyes or the blaring noise of his alarm clock.

   That isn't how he woke up today. It was late, 2 or 3 pm when he got the phone call. He never got phone calls, not anymore. Who'd ever think of calling him? He cracked his eyes open, and even that motion made him want to die to escape from the pain.

   The ringtone sounded louder than it should've, like someone was holding the phone straight up to his ear, even though it was in his pants pocket. He groans when it stops, and then starts back up again, like the person won't leave him alone.

    He smacks his hand on his side until he can find the opening to his pocket and then pull out his phone to accept the call.

   "Hello?" He manages to croak out one word before being sent into a coughing fit. He sounded like he had been smoking for years, and his throat felt like it too. Which, well, he'd know.

   "Wren? Are you okay?" It sounded like Miguel, and when Wren checked the caller ID, he found that it was. He clears his throat and looks around from where he's leaning against the bathroom wall.

   "Yeah, yeah sorry. Are you okay?"

   "I'm doing better, sensei said you helped."