𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8

Dex P.O.V

After yesterday, Dex and his friends decided to meet back up at Mysterium again. They headed to a cafe to discuss plans to get Sophie back.

"We don't even know where to start," Tam told them, grabbing a piece of mallowmelt.

"Uh- yes we do. We start by getting the Neverseen's attention, stage a trap, lock the back in Exile and make them tell us where Foster is," Keefe argued, taking Tam's piece of mallowmelt and chomping on it.

"Hey!" Tam exclaimed.

"You were too slow, Bangs Boy," Keefe replied with a smirk.

Biana rolled her eyes. "You two stop, or I make you." 

Dex snickered. Biana was known for her epic tackling battles against Keefe and Fitz, and something told Dex that she'd do it with Tam and Keefe too.

Both boys silenced and leaned back in an attempt to hide.

"Weren't we here to plan ways to find Sophie and not to argue?" Linh asked, splashing Tam and Keefe with water.

Keefe sighed and grumbled along the lines of, "Party pooper" and, "He started it." 

Fitz sighed. "Y'know, for teenagers trying to save someone from possible death, you guys sure act like children."

Dex bit his lip as the words hung in the air, silencing the table.

Possible death.

Although Sophie seemed fine, only her face was showing. Not to mention, mental damage exists. Suddenly, Dex found his head whirling back to Biana's theory. 

What if they shattered her memories? 

Dex was brought out of his ruminations by a loud BOOM coming from outside. Dex shot up and looked out the window, only to find it covered in green goo.

"What was that?" Linh asked, rising from her chair.

"Let's go check it out!" Dex insisted.

They all ran outside to find Mysterium a mess. There was green goo and spray paint everywhere.

"What the-" Keefe started, but was cut off by a series of gasps coming from behind the cafe. 

Dex and his friends ran to the sound and were shocked at what they saw. A banner labelled: 

MISFITS

"Sophie's here!" Fitz told them with realization.

"Can you hear her thoughts?" Keefe asked hastily.

Fitz shook his head. "Her blocking is up too high, but I can feel a small trail of warmth!"

Dex and his friends followed Fitz into a small and narrow alley to find 4 figures snickering.

"This is too funny!" Said a familiar voice.

Biana must've noticed as well because she grabbed one of their wrists. One of the Misfits yelped and jumped back. Their hood fell when they jumped back, and Dex felt his jaw drop.

It was Sophie.

The other Misfits turned around, taking their hoods off as well.

"Sophie?" Keefe whispered.

Sophie raised an eyebrow. "Who do you think you are?"

Dex and his friends shared a look. 

"Sophie, it's just us. You can let down the act. You're safe," Fitz whispered.

"First of all, the name's Moon. Get it right. Second, I have no idea who you are. And if there's anything I've learned, it's that I'm never safe," Sophie told him, jerking out of Biana's grip.

Keefe's eyes welled with tears. "What did they do to you?"

"Hate to ruin the moment-" A girl with blonde hair and hazel eyes said, "But I don't want to stand around all day. Moon, show em' who's boss."

"What?" Dex asked, confused.

Sophie smirked and waved her hands together. After about 3 seconds, shadows, flames, beams of light, water, and wind seeped through her hands, forming a giant orb. 

Dex and his friends backed up.

"You don't have to do this," Linh whispered.

Sophie scrunched her nose. "Pretty sure I do," She argued.

The orb grew bigger and bigger until it was bigger than Sophie. Suddenly, a forcefield shielded Dex and his friends. They swung around to find Zhan, Annalise, and Calista standing behind them.

"I can't hold this for much longer," Zhan informed them with a strained voice.

"Sophie, come back to us," Annalise said, pressing her hand against the forcefield.

"MY NAME ISN'T SOPHIE!" Sophie yelled.  

More fire seeped into the orb she had created.

"Take out the forcefield, Moon," A boy with brown hair and hazel eyes told Sophie.

Sophie grinned and the forcefield flickered off. Zhan gasped and leaned on Annalise for support.

Sophie spun the orb faster and faster, then shot it at them. Luckily, Dex and everyone else ducked in time, the orb missing them by just inches.

But when Dex and his friends got up from the ground, Sophie and the Misfits were gone.

A/N This chapter happened because of @CookieCrumbler246 and @kotlc_rules_sophie ! I merged their suggestions and turned them into this amazing chapter. Here were their suggestions:

They see the group of four at mysterium (Ace, Jax, Raven, Sophie) and try to kidnap Sophie back, but she attacks them, not knowing who they are. During the fight, she accidentally reveals that all of her abilities have been triggered. -CookieCrumbler246

Sophie merges all her elemental powers(pyrokinetic hydrokinetic guster shade and flasher) to make a big explosion so that she can escape. IDK what else  -kotlc_rules_sophie