𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
"Innocence"
——

Jane grabbed her blade out of one of the dead walkers head and wiped the blood off on her jeans as slipped the blade back in her boot while Yumiko and Silas killed the two walkers coming towards Hilltop

Jane grabbed her blade out of one of the dead walkers head and wiped the blood off on her jeans as slipped the blade back in her boot while Yumiko and Silas killed the two walkers coming towards Hilltop. Jane looked around as the sun beamed down on her and saw no sign of Magna.

"Hey, have either of you seen Magna?" Jane asks looking to Yumiko who lets out a sigh and grabs her arrow out of a walkers head and walks straight past Jane, "Nope" Yumiko mumble hostilely making Jane furrows her eyebrows in confusion but she quickly lets it go. "Just come on" Silas says as he and Jane walk towards Eugene, Alden and Earl. Eugene has people salvaging every inch of the tree as Alden tells Jane they need to build up their defenses.

"That's not a bad idea but we still have half of the Kingdom living in tents" Jane states and Alden nods his head. "I'm sorry, it's a great id—". "No, I get it" Alden says as he leaves Janes presence and Jane sighs as she rubs the sides of her forehead stressfully.

"The whisperers smash a giant hole in our wall..." Earl begins and Jane rolls her eyes. "Earl, we don't even know if it was them, okay?" Jane questions. "and now they're throwin' walkers at us every couple hours, and we're just gonna sit here, twiddlin' our damn thumbs?" Earl questions and before Jane can answer Earl walks away and Jane wipes the sweat beaming off her forehead before Brianna, a hilltop resident and Yumiko rush up to Jane.

"It happened... again" Yumiko says breathlessly and Jane furrows her eyebrows in worry. "Root cellar. Middle of the night" Brianna finishes and Jane balls her fist up as she throws her head back annoyed.

"You have got to be kidding me" Jane mumbles to herself before she clears her throat. It was easier taking care of Hilltop when Maggie was with Jane but now that she's gone Jane has to do everything herself and it's stressful. Jane looks back to Yumiko and Brianna. "Who was on watch?" Jane wonders and Yumiko crosses her arms over her chest with a sly smirk on her face.

"Magna was supposed to be on watch" Yumiko answers and Jane softens her fist and controls her breathing.

Jane arrives inside the Barrington house, where Magna is in the hallway playing music. Jane furrows her eyebrows as she walks seeing Magna practically pouting. Jane stands in front of Magna and Magna has yet to turn off the music so Jane takes it upon herself to shut the music off and look to Magna who has yet to meet her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Jane asks and gets no response back. Instead, Magna sits in her chair reading a random magazine. "Okay... well someone stole a whole crate of fish and Yumiko said you were supposed to be on watch last night but we were um..." Jane says before she trails off not knowing how to finish the conversation.

"Then it can't be my fault if I was with you last night and not at the cellar" Magna argues as she flips through the pages of the magazine. "Why didn't you tell me you had to be on watch? I wouldn't have asked you to come to my room" Jane argues back as she takes a seat beside Magna who continues to ignore her. Jane snatches the magazine out of her hand and slams it on the table. "What the hell?" Magna questions as she sits up in her seat.