52

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

It's been half an hour. Everyone here is too busy in eating. No one seems to be interested in having a conversation.

You take a glance at Jungkook who is sitting beside you and he makes an eye contact with you. He jerks his head telling you to speak but instead, you gesture his actions back.

He rolls his eyes looking up.

He is about to speak when your brother does the work.

"So... I am Tae hyun. It's pleasure to have you here."

You choke on your food but quickly excuse yourself drinking water.

You never expected your brother to speak that line.

"I'm Jungkook. Thanks for inviting." He smiles radiantly. Your parents are still just eating.

Like, C'mon Duh. Aren't they supposed to ask something?

"Well, I'm a straightforward guy—" Jungkook cuts off your brother nodding his head in excitement.

"Me too and even your sister. I like people who can talk out what's going on in there head." You step on his foot as he bites his lower lips giving you a side glare.

You strictly warned him to not interrupt your brother in between but habits are habits.

"Great... My sister is happy with you. That is all that matters. And you're a rich, successful guy. Known my sister for long and I guess if you can handle her then you must be talented."

You shoot your brother a glare letting out a scoff.

"That sounded like an insult to me." He shrugs his shoulders.

"It was an insult." You narrow your eyes at him while he looks at you with a smirk.

This guy can't be your brother.

"That's great. What do you think?" He turns to your father.

Your father has that same boring expression.

He raises his head looking at you and then at Jungkook.

"I'm fine with it." Jungkook smiles at him.

"It's an honor to be a part of your family." And swear to God, it's the first time ever, you saw your father smile at someone. Until now, you doubted if he was a robot or something.

"Take care of her. I have tons of bodyguards to break someone's bones if they hurt her." As soon as he locks his eyes with you, he quickly look down at his plate continuing to eat.

You are going to tear up.

This family can't be yours.

"Mrs. Jung...?" Jungkook calls out your mother as she looks up at him giving him a smile.

"Well, I don't have a doubt about my daughter's choice."

So, is this the moment where you are going to attain eternal joy?

This has to be some parallel world.

"Are... Are you all serious?" You ask pinching yourself.

You just can't believe. You were so anxious and now within a second it's all set.

"Your wish is my command, Lil sis." No. This has to some paradise. Another universe.

Okay, you get it!

This is a dream, yeah!

This is a freaking dream.

"No, you guys were supposed to be against our relationship and then I would have fought with you. I prepared all the dialogues. And if not against our relationship, at least a little stubborn. This is too unreal." You mumble to yourself but it's loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Jungkook have met us before." Your father speak as you look at him as he just came out of an UFO.

"What? Why? You didn't tell me?" You turn your head to him.

He gives you a sheepish grin before looking away.

"Yeah, we have already met him and trust me, if I was a girl, I would have already married him."

Okay, this is coming from your brother?

The stone cold guy?

The one who doesn't see anything other than his work and company?

"Sorry, he's mine." You cling onto Jungkook's arm. He looks at you and lit out a chuckle.

"Now, how have you all been?" Suddenly no one is eating. Just looking at each other.

"Seriously, no one missed you. Crocodile." Your brother teases you with a scoff.

"As if people were dying to meet a chimpanzee like you." You imitate his voice showing your tongue to him.

"Hey, is this the way you talk to your brother? Mom..." He whines nudging her elbows.

"Look at you. All grown up, still crying for mom." You roll your eyes at him.

"Jungkook, man. I'll pray for you." Your brother turns to look at the man beside you who is enjoying his food.

"I'll appreciate it." He speaks with a wide grin on his face.

You turn your head letting out a scoff of disbelief.

"Hey, who am I? Ghost? Spirit? Am I going to kill you? Why will you need him to pray for you?" You speaking with an angry pout on your face.

He shrugs his shoulders.

"We never know what your intentions might be." You narrow your eyes at him.

"Dad... Call those bodyguards of yours. Someone needs to have a few broken bones." Jungkook turns his body towards you.

"What? Wow, See... Isn't this an attempt to murder—"

You gasp.

"Murder? Look at you... No, let it be. I don't want any bodyguards. Let me break your bones myself." He quickly gets off his chair as you stand up.

"Soemone save me... This girl right here is doing violence." He runs behind your mom as she giggles holding your hand.

"You grown up guys, hiding behind my mom. Shame on you." He widens his eyes coming in front but then he decides to go behind your mom. That's a safe place for now.

"Hey, y/n. Don't you dare do anything to my son." You laugh ruffling your hair.

"And I am your daughter? How come he's receiving more love than me?"

A proud smirk hangs on the corner of his lips.

"Y/n, we call that charms."

You nod your head smiling at him evilly.

"Let's go back to our home. Then I'll bring out more charms of yours." He pouts looking at your mom.

"She is threatening me."

Before you speak, they burst out into a fit of laughter.

"Children. Wanna have some ice creams?" Your father speaks and two of you quickly settle back on the chair like two little kids.

All of you have a nice family dinner conversation. Your family seems to like Jungkook a lot.

That's a good sign.

And now... There's one thing you need to do.

"Dad." You call out for him while he is laughing with Jungkook. He turns his head to you.

It's been so long since you last saw him smiling so brightly.

"For everything that happened in the past, I am so-" He shakes his head instantly.

"If Soemone who needs to apologize, it's me. I am sorry y/n... I was always so stressed out and I could barely pay attention to you. I only knew how much I hurt you when I had a talk with Jungkook." You raise a brow looking at him.

He looks at you poking his inner cheeks. He holds your hand from under the table staring into your eyes.

"It's hard to see you upset."