Gem

W&M + W
My eyes glanced from room to room as I was escorted into the enormous hall. I wore my shawl lowly on my shoulders and couldn't help but pull it up higher at the chill of the ballroom. Looking most eerily crowded. Instead I wandered around like all the other singles and proceeded to find the library. In it were shelves of books on every wall. The room reminded me of half a hexagon as the room caved in loosely in its corners. There were two armchairs sat in a half circle at the sides of a three seated couch. Their backs faced me and their fronts toward the books. Leaned against one of the shelves was a latter that reached the top of the shelf and had wheels at its base.
I sauntered around to where a light was coming from, on a small thrifted table to the left of one of the ending chairs. To the right of another ending chair there was a self serving bar cart and I swiftly sought out the scotch. Disappointed, I poured a coupe glass of Sauternes instead and rummaged around for a book without any dust. Though the only thing I found was romance, I pulled it off the shelf anyway and decided it would have to do. I knew I was probably going to be here a while so I undid the buckles at my ankles to free my feet of the uncomfortable black heels, and tucked myself into the armchair where I resided. Decidedly I did end up sipping on the quiet wine and set it on the table next to me, under the tall lamp.
I was actually really getting into the book and just as it was getting good the door swung open behind me making me jump. It was only for a second before I heard the distant chatter cease and the heavy door shut again. My head wrapped around the side of my large armchair and in front of the door stood a man and a woman. Well a man from what I could see from the torso up, but I could see women's legs in between his dress pants. He wasn't extremely tall but his body was big as if we worked out and he was dressed suitably for the occasion, in a sharp black tux. From what I could see of her she wore—gold shoes.
By the time I could announce myself they were, well, making themselves useful and I felt it strange to continue watching without them knowing I was there. So I turned back around and ever so slightly picked up my glass and set it down again a little harder than I would normally. When that did nothing I got up and walked back over to the shelf where I slid the book back into its place and pretended not to notice them as they had me and look for another one. Suddenly I heard a gasp and then a bit of whispering as I continue to pretend to be picky with my choice in reading material. This lasted all of 5 seconds until I heard a voice so criminal I could've gotten on one knee in my tight black dress.
"Excuse me." The woman's voice made me jump again as I expected them to just leave and turn around to face her and her beautiful face. She was white but had a slight tint to her. Her face was a little wide near her sharp jawline and had dark squinted eyes that made me want to be underneath them. Underneath her—before I remembered myself. Her hair was cut short into a bob at her jaw like mine except she didn't have any fringe nor was it wavy like mine. 
Dark hair and dark eyes, I thought suited the seemingly older woman. Her slip was a bronze, silk, halter neck that complimented her dazzling gold shoes.
The way her heart shaped mouth stilled when I turned around made me think a little differently.
But when I saw the corners of her mouth turn up I changed my mind. Scanning me as I did her I interrupted with my answer and pressed my nose a little higher into the suddenly dense air.
"Yes?" Her eyes flickered back up to meet my own and she started to come a little closer. I think here is when I realized she was more interested in my presence rather than hostile that I'd gotten between her and the man I'd forgotten about completely.
When she made her way over to me slowly, her guy trailing behind sternly, she lifted her hand to my face.
Almost making me flinch.
To move my fringe into its proper place.
"I seen you earlier, didn't I sweetie." The second part was directed at the stalk of a man that I now realized had a relatively pretty face. With big brown eyes and a dimpled smile.
"Yes you did. You complimented her dress!" His voice matched his face as well, smooth and low with an easy tone.
I gave a small smile back to him and she looked at me.
"I'm sorry we've seemed to have disturbed you. We can go if you like ?" She stepped back and pointed behind her. If I didn't know any better I'd say with the intention to leave.
But I do.
"Oh well that's alright, I wasn't doing much besides waiting anyway. Why don't you have a drink." I ushered them to the couch and remained standing to pour their drink. He, Joby, asked for some of the honey whiskey while she, Mona, decided on whatever I was to drink. When we settled with our drinks, I in the armchair and them on the couch, we decided the quant silence didn't suit us.
"How long have you two been together?" I asked under my eyelashes. My light finger skimming the top of my glass quietly.
"Four years next month, although we've been married for six." The man spoke and made me look up.
"Jo was deployed when we got married, he only came back for the wedding. Our honeymoon only lasted about a week."
"Oh. What was it like when you finally got back?"
I was turned to him now, feeling rather fuzzy and curious at the moment. Maybe the Sauternes was a little too bubbly for my taste. I'm usually not one to ask a lot of questions.
"Well my transition was a little rough but I'm lucky. At least I still have all my limbs and when I finally did come back home—ahem—let's just say I had an incredible welcoming back awaiting." They both looked at each other with small smiles and linked fingers.
"Oh you have children ?" I realize now how incredibly naive I must have sounded.
"No, sweetie, we don't." My mouth opened and closed like a fish and I felt my face get incredibly hot as I realized what he meant.
"Oh." Mona looked on laughing a little.
"Oh honey look what you did! I'm sorry if I've embarrassed you." He said, leaning toward me.
"N-no I just—was thinking what a surprise that would be. I can only imagine." My face flushed at the thought and I pressed the chill glass to my neck, relishing in my imagination.
I looked over at her and noticed the strange, sultry, smile that played on both their faces.
"I really am sorry...but uhm. What are you doing after this?" She looked through her long eyelashes at me and I could see the small smirk she had on her pretty mouth.
"Oh nothing, just helping to clean up. This is my aunt's house." They looked at each other for a moment, then both pair eyes were on me again.
"Come home with us?" He asked, yet it somehow sounded less like a question and more like a hopeful plead.

After that I did end up going to theirs and.. I suppose I must have tired them out.

I awoke the next morning with two different pairs of arms around my waist and a strange urge to stay in the warmth a little longer.
Ignoring the urge I wiggled my way out of their bare grasps and tried not to look too stupid wandering around naked looking for my underwear—but I was quick to realize they were on Mona's wrist. I figured she might get better use out of the neatly cut, royal purple, lace and grabbed a pair of black satin ones from her drawer instead.
As a fair trade of course.

When I was mostly presentable I looked back at the sleeping bodies once more as they both lay together, completely bare, before closing the bedroom door.
Lighting a cigarette of herbs I walked outside, taking in the sun beginning to rise.
When the familiar blacked out town car pulled up I walked down the townhouse steps careful of the cracks, as I had to put my heels back on. Took one more deep breath of fresh air and flung my honey rose cigarette as I dipped into the black car that opened for me.

What a night.