041 ; Final Exams

To any Ukrainian or Queenslander readers reading this, please stay safe! I wish you all well and hope you're all safe :)

i carefully take inosuke off my shoulders and place him on his new bed, tucking him in and turning the light off before walking away.

THREE DAYS OF BORING EXAMS HAD FINALLY PASSED, AND IT HAD FINALLY REACHED THE DAY OF THE PRACTICAL EXAM.

i pout,

it's only robots though.. how boring

"let's begin your practical exam"

everyone was standing in front of zawa-sensei along with a few other pros who were lined up with him, everyone was dressed into their hero costumes and looked determined to win and be able to go that training camp thing.

"it is, of course, possible to fail this exam"

no shit

i smile and fiddle with my fingers as i boredly listen to what zawa-sensei says.

"if you want to attend the training camp, then don't mess up"

kyoka-chan scratches her chin, "sure are a lot of teachers here.." she points out.

i nod, 

it's a lot of teachers for what, supervision? we must not be fighting robots after all. oh well, i hope it's fun!

"knowing you guys, you probably asked around.. and you might think you have a vague idea of how this'll go"

well that definitely means we aren't going against robots

"it's a robot rumble, like the entrance exam!!" denki-kun cheered.

"fireworks! curry! truth or dare!!" mina-chan shouts happily.

i blink in slight shock as the small animal i remember as nezu pops out of zawa-sensei's scarf, "not quite!! various circumstances have demanded a revision to the exam format!!"

at least they're somewhat smart. fighting robots all the time will get you nowhere

"the principal!"

"a revision..?"

nezu-chan uses a bit of zawa-sensei's scarf to climb onto the ground.

"well, you see.. from now on we'll focus on battles against flesh-and-blood opponents. it is critical that our teaching simulates practical experience as closely as possible!" he clasps both of his hands.

"as such.. you students will be.. pairing up.."

what's with all this suspense

"and fighting one of the teachers you see here!"

boring~ they're all so weak! how unfair 

"against.. a teacher?" ochako-chan says in worry.

"your pairings and assigned teacher.. have already been decided. your battle moves, your grades, your friendships with one another.. all these factors and more were considered, so without further ado..first.. todoroki.. is with yaoyorozu... against me" he grins.

they'd be a pretty cute couple!

"next, midoriya.. is with bakugo and [name]."

i sigh in defeat,

of course.

"and.. your opponent.."

"will be.. me! you'll have to work together to win, so come at me you three!!"

gladly. not so sure about the other two, though.

"TEN STAGES HAVE BEEN PREPARED, AND ALL TEAMS WILL BEGIN SIMULTANEOUSLY

"TEN STAGES HAVE BEEN PREPARED, AND ALL TEAMS WILL BEGIN SIMULTANEOUSLY."

hm? so we're all going at the same time, huh?

"the test guidelines will be explained by your respective opponents. none of the areas are outside the school grounds, but let's not waste any more time. get going."

lol short

words ; 486