CHAPTER 1

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧

σ ɳ ε

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧

| YOUR POV |

For as long as I remember, I've been always by his side. From childhood to now. I've been with him every moment, happy, sad, angry and even painful moments. I felt like he was the only one who can understand me.

Wherever he goes, I would always follow him. I always try to keep him as far away from danger as I could since he has a habit to attract trouble. If only it was easy to protect him.

If only I was a human.

That's right, you read (heard) it right. I am not a human.

I am a cat.

But for some reasons, I think and act more like a human than a cat. I've always been like this ever since I was a kitten.

The reason why I always want to protect him was because he saved my life. If he didn't help me, I'd probably be dead now.

You see, my mother left me when I was just a kitten. I don't really know why, but I was left all alone. It was even winter, so that really fasten my death by 100.

But then, I was saved by him. He took me in his home, gave me food, gave me a warm place to stay. Basically kept me alive.

From the time I spent with him, we grew a special bond. I could understand everything he says and vice versa. I was confused but then I saw something happen. He transformed into a cat.

At first, I thought that I'll be able to speak with him since he was a cat, but I couldn't. Then after a couple of minutes, he turned back human again. I might add, naked.

When I was old enough, he released me. He told me that I could survive on my own and doesn't need help anymore. If I was a normal cat, I would not have a second thought, but since I grew to care for him, I would always come back to him. No matter how many times he keep leaving me alone, I would always come back.

I guess from my 9th return, he finally understood that I want to stay with him. And so, he let me stay with him and gave me a name. Nao. And he finally told me his name.

Kyo Sohma.

"Oi, Nao. Where are you?" I heard Kyo looking for me. I meowed and he looked up. I was resting on a branch.

"Come here, Nao. We need to go somewhere" Kyo said and I jumped on his head and then rested on his left shoulder.

"You should learn to stop jumping on my head." Kyo told me and I just caress my head on his cheek, making him sigh.

"You also might want to memorize new ways to come home Nao" Kyo said.

'Why?' I asked (from Kyo all he could hear is your meow but can understood whether you're asking or not).

"We're moving somewhere else" He said.

'Why do we need to move?' I asked him.

"The place we're staying is not safe for us anymore. Plus, you keep fighting with those stray cats" He said.

'It's not entirely my fault! They were trying to take my place!'

Kyo sighed.

"It is not good to be jealous, Nao. Besides, you grew up with me. For sure, you'd know by now that no cat can take me away from you" He stroke my head softly.

'I know, but those girl cats keep trying anyway. It is better to be caution than nothing'

"I'm sure in our new place, you won't find any cats anytime soon. But you'd find something very annoying" Kyo said.

'Annoying? What would it be?'

"A rat" He replied.

'A rat? Why would you want us to stay in a place with a rat?!'

"It's not like we have a choice. And it is not a normal rat. He's my cousin. You know how I sometimes would turn a cat? He's like me but he turns into a rat" He explained.

"He's also annoying" He added.

'Ah so, he is the annoying part. Don't worry, Kyo! I would protect you from him!'

"No more fights, Nao. If you keep doing it, I might not let you go out from some time" Kyo told me.

'Eh?! You can't do that!'

"Well I guess you should start to learn how not to start a fight" Kyo said.

'That's rich. You would always start a fight too, Kyo!'

"That is why I don't want you to fight. I swear, that is the only thing you got from me. I really should start to try to make you stay out from the other cats" He said.

'Fine, I will stay away from fights! But only because you asked me!'

Kyo then smiled at me.

"Good girl. Now let's go to our new home" Kyo said.

And with that, our lives started. I don't whether if it is in a good way or bad way, but I don't care. As long as he is happy and safe.

 As long as he is happy and safe

(This is how you look like. In your cat form. This cat was from the movie A Whisker Away, our lovely Miyo)

●●●

How was it? Is it good? Acceptable? Do you guys like the first chapter? Let me know what you guys think in the comments!