20

I went to bed angry that night, I didn't text Kenma or call Mei. I just angry cried myself to sleep. I think sometime around midnight Kenma came to the window but I pretended not to hear him. The next time I woke up was because of Suro, he was knocking on my door,

"Akaiiiiii"

"What do you want Tetsuro." I groaned, sitting up in bed.

"I wanted to... talk... to you."

I could tell he was drunk, maybe high, but definitely not sober. So, I opened the door just to see what he was gonna say. That's also when I found out he was drunk, he was holding a bottle of vodka. I don't know if he had mixed it with something before or just taken swigs out of the bottle but I thought it best to take it away from him.

"Hey give that back!"

"I'll give it back tomorrow. Promise." I put the bottle onto my dresser.

"Well, you aren't one to keep promises." he mumbled.

"Are you just here to make fun of me or tell me something?"

"Oh yeaaaaa... I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry for making you cry. It made me sad." He explained, now sprawled out on my bedroom floor.

Damn... he does have feelings. I forget that sometimes. Anyway, this is really sweet, like bring me to tears sweet.

"Really?" I ask, getting emotional.

"Yeah. I don't like making you cry, but you were mean first." he confirmed, making eye contact now.

"Well, I'm sorry for making you cry too I don't like making you cry either. And Suro?" 

"Yes?"

"Why didn't you want me and Kenma to date?" I asked him, knowing he would actually tell the truth if I asked right now.

"Because I didn't want to feel weird around him. He was my friend first so no matter what happened I was gonna stick with him and if your guys' relationship sucked and ended like shit I didn't want to be caught in the crossfire or have a weird tension every time he came around. Also, I'm too young to be an uncle." He laughed out that last part, I just rolled my eyes.

"Oh my god, are you ever going to stop saying that?" I rolled my eyes at that stupid comment he kept using.

"Not until I'm 30."

"30?!"

"30."

"Jeez, I gotta wait that long to have kids?"

"Yep,"

"Eh it's okay... kids are annoying anyway."

--

I and Tetsuro just talked the whole night, I guess that means we made up but I'm not sure. All I knew is I wasn't mad anymore, I'm not sure about him, or Kenma. I gotta talk to him. Anyway, now Suro was experiencing the after-effects of alcohol, which is really funny. 

"Here, it'll help with the headache," I said handing him ibuprofen. Right now he was hunched over the toilet, he drank more than I thought.

"Thank you, Akai, but can you please just be quieter."

"HUH WHAT WAS THAT?" I yelled, smiling.

"I hate you."

"Aw, I love you too bro."

One of my problems had been solved, my brother didn't actually hate me anymore, Thank you for alcohol, but now I had to deal with Kenma. 

--

I hesitantly knocked on the front door of his house. It opened to reveal Mrs.Kozume had opened the door,

"Oh hello Akai, how can I help you?" she smiled at me.

"I just wanted to talk to Kenma for a few minutes, that's all." I explained, smiling back at her nervously.

"Okay well, he's just downstairs," she let me in to her home.

"Thank you," I said heading down the stairs and into Kenmas's room, he was sleeping.

I sat down on the edge of his bed and swiped the hair on his face to get a good look at his eye, it had gotten better, but still not very good. And I guess this woke him up because he started shifting around and opened his eyes.

"Akai?" he mumbled, seeming confused.

"Mhm, I came over to talk to you." I explained, my voice almost at a whisper.

"What did you talk about?"

"Us,"

"Okay well that seems like a hard conversation so can you just lay with me for a few before we both end up crying?" he said, reaching towards me.

"I suppose I can do that for you." So I crawled into bed with him and he laid on top of me with his head on my chest. Talk about Deja vu.

We woke up a few hours later, I guess "I just wanted to talk to him for a few minutes" didn't exactly work out. 

"So,"

"So."

"Have you talked to Kuro much?"

"Yeah, we made up, I think. He was drunk and- ya know what I'll just tell you later. I just wanted to know what we were gonna do, and what's gonna happen with us." I explained, talking slow... unsure of what to say.

"Well, I think everyone knows already, so we don't have to worry about that?"

"Yea I suppose. But I really just wanna know how you feel. I know what I want, but if you don't-" I started to ramble and get nervous at what could happen.

"Akai-" He said lifting my head lightly so I would meet his eyes, "I love you more than anything, and I want to be with you."

"Kenma, I- I love you too," I could feel my cheeks burning and my eyes getting watery, "and I want to be with you too." 

--