017. ❛ the casita ❜

R O S A

"It's bigger on the inside?!" I look around completely amazed

"It's bigger on the inside?!" I look around completely amazed. I watch as Antonio runs around his huge jungle room on a big jaguar.

"Wow..." I whisper, astonished by everything.

"We need a picture!"

Everyone in the Madrigal family rushed altogether, but I saw someone was obviously missing. I heard them all shout and the picture was taken- some presenting their gifts. I look around and find Mirabel not going in.

"Mirabel?" She shook her head... I somehow knew, she never really felt a part of the family. She walked out as everyone cheered again for the family. Camilo suddenly looked around and met eyes with me. He ran towards me, and suddenly looked around.

"Where's Mirabel? She wasn't in the picture" He asks me, his green eyes looking all behind me.

"She left... You know she doesn't feel part of the family and- AUGH!" All of a sudden I couldn't breathe- and my chest, it hurts so bad. He caught me in his arms, and my tattoos started to fade into a glow.

"What's happening?!" Camilo exclaims, luckily everyone started going closer to the big tree house in Antonio's room. I clutched my chest, as my other held on to Camilo.

"I-I don't know- but something isn't right" I look around aimlessly, and my tattoos started to form but it hurts.

"No- Ugh, it hurts- it hurts" Tears started to prickle my eyes as Camilo held me.

"Oh mi amor- we have to get you out of here"

"Mirabel?" I whisper, seeing as she ran past us to Abuela and the others that were dancing happily.

"The house is in danger!" She exclaims, and everyone stops dancing.

"The tiles are falling! There were cracks everywhere- and the candle almost fell!" Everyone looked at each other worried, and my eyes widened in horror.

"Show me" The family followed, and Camilo and I followed closely behind.

"I did it, didn't I?" I asked, holding my hands to my chest. Camilo shudders a breath, and holds me close to him.

"Are you still hurting?" I shook my head, and I stood up more straight. I looked around the Casita, and there were no cracks.

"The cracks were there- they were everywhere" Mirabel said, and everyone looked around. Camilo and I looked at each other, and I played with my curls nervously.

"The house was in danger, the candle was..." Isabela scoffed clearly, and Gael pinched her elbow.

"Ow!" She whispered, as Gael narrowed his eyes a bit. "Be nice"

"Abuela, I promise-"

"That's enough" Abuela stopped Mirabel from speaking anymore and turned her attention to the crowd. I saw Abuela put on a smile, ignoring Mirabel- clearly upset.