TRUST

A/N : hello beauties! just to let you all know the cover of these imagines is made by me so if you do use it please credit me. Thank you & as you know this is my first carl grimes imagine :) hope you all enjoy x

__________________________

Reader's P.OV

The familiar yet delicious smell of cookies filled the air as I walked into carols house. they'd arrived here a few months back now and I've probably grown the closest to Carol. I don't exactly find it easy to trust people but she was like another mother figure plus I was too shy to talk to anyone my age. I didn't want to get too close incase I lose them all again.

my mouth watered, walking further into the kitchen, I looked up and smiled slightly as I watched Carol hum a tune, dancing around the small island in the middle of the kitchen almost childlike as sam, a neighbour laughed, taking a bit out of a cookie. Coughing softly, i waited till they both turned around before we all burst out laughing.

A few moments later, the laughter died down as I broke it off "Am I interrupting something?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows cheekily before shaking my head after replying a small giggle and a 'no'.

--time skip--

I had stayed at carols for a least an hour or so before heading off. I walked past the rows of houses till i reached the end,seeing carl sitting down near a pond as he looked down. Tilting my head slightly, i began to walk over to the boy on the sheriff hat, sitting down to his left and letting out a soft sigh. "hi" I muttered, playing with the dirt under my finger nails in hope that he'd reply, we hadn't spoken much before so I wasn't sure if he would reply "hey Y/N" he whispered, keeping his attention at the water ahead of us.

I smiled, letting out a deep breathe I hadn't realised I'd been holding in until now. I wasn't going to ask him if he was okay because I already knew the answer plus who is 'okay' during a zombie apocalypse. the answer is no one. "what the matter carl? you seem..distant" I mumbled, turning my attention to the older boy, running a hand though my hair as I examined his face.

His usually hard, blue eyes were now a soft, bright-bye kind and it looked like small tears were forming in them. "I really don't want to both-" he started until I cut him off "carl please, I can see right though you and I want you to know that I'm here so please tell me, what's up?" I asked, suffering closer to him, our hands touching ever so lightly as he began to lean his body against mine, soft sobs escaping his mouth. I wrapped my small arms around him, comforting his as he chocked the answer to the question i had been 'dying' to know "I-I-i just find it really hard t-to trust people. I m-mean I want to but how d-do I know that they wo-won't leave me or I-I won't lose them? I just want to trust people O-other then my dad, glenn,maggie and some of our old group" he sighed, wiping away some tears as he looked up at me.

My heart broke slightly after listening to the sound of the broken boys voice. I looked up at him before leaning in to peck his cheek "carl, I know it's hard but I also know that even though you probably don't, you can trust me. I'll always be here, I-I just want to...fix you" I whispered, holding him close again, looking again. "I just want you to feel like you can trust me.."

Carl's P.O.V

I listened closely to her next few words "trust me.." and I think i could learn to just do that..if she'd let me.

-------------------------------------------------------

So,there's my first imagine. Sorry for the sucky ending! please follow me/ maybe comment a request and stay beautiful! ily💘

-a xx