Chapter 3

As William speaks into the intercom at the main gate of Rico's large estate, the gates swing open, and an enormous mansion appears in the distance

"Oh, my fucking god. Now I know why you were always here when Grey was alive."

William laughs. "I know, check it."

"I am," I say as I take in the mansion and the water fountain in the estate's front drive.

"Just think, Lex, you'll have your own cinema, tennis court, helicopter pad.  The Mancini family have it all."

I huff. 

"I'm more worried about them killing me in my sleep. I'm serious, William. I'm scared. Rico doesn't like me, and now he's resentful because he had to marry me."

"Fuck Rico. Fuck them all. Just open your bag and get what you can while you're here."

I roll my eyes and shake my head. "That's the reason we're in this situation—you got greedy and tried to skim off every product you were shipping out of the country."

"No, I didn't!" William snaps. "I'll prove it, too, one day. I mean, if Grey believed me, why didn't the others?"

"Because Grey was your friend."

As we pull up outside the mansion, two large security men in black polo shirts appear. 

Within seconds, we're being scanned for weapons and our identification checked and verified. Once we're cleared to enter the mansion, they escort us into the main entrance hall. It's all glossy, creamy tiles and earthy tones that lead to a jaw dropping double staircase. 

Wow! I'm breathless. 

This place is phenomenal.

William and I follow security between the stairs and end up in a long corridor.

I give my brother a nervous sideways glance, and he just grins. He knows the place well since he spent so much time here over the last couple of years.