Northern lights that gave us a second chance and a home

"OW, SON OF A BITCH!" Church yelps, clutching his shoulder after trying to break down the door for the umpteenth time.

"Epsilon, this is your 452 time trying to break the door. I do not believe that the door will break down." Delta stated from where he was standing by Theta and the twins while they played.

"Shut up Delta. We'll get out of here. If we don't, I might actually kill Sigma. Or Gary. Whoever's closer." Church snapped before gearing up to ram the door while Sigma casted him an affronted look from where he was pacing and Gary pursed his lips and looked away. Gary decided to keep his name as Gary instead of Gamma.

"Church stop it, if I can't break it down, then you definitely can't," Tex called over from where she was arm-wrestling Omega. It was a no-brainer on who was going to win.

A loud thump and a string of colorful curses from Omega and a triumphant chuckle from Tex confirmed that.

The angry body language from Omega said that he was glowering at her but his body language was always angry so who could tell if this was new. Omega held his arm up. "Best 25 out of 50." He challenged. Church could practically see the wolfish grin Tex gave him. "Done."

Church rolled his eyes. Tex beat him the last 44 times they did this so why would this time be any different?

Church sighed and sat down, leaning against the door. It was fairly simple for a door. Pain oak with a worn handle. The room they were in was simple as well. If you could even call it a room. Just plain white. No walls or anything. Didn't go anywhere. Church walked in a random direction hoping it would lead him somewhere but he always ended up back at the door with the other AI's. There wasn't any furniture either. It was just... empty.

Iota came up to Church and hugged him. "Don't worry Church! We'll get out of here." She said cheerfully, her body conveying cheerfulness and hope. Church cracked a rare smile and patted her shoulder. "Thanks, kiddo." Iota practically glowed at that and bounded off to her brother and Theta.

Church found it ironic that Iota was the representation of happiness but her light was blue and her twin Eta was the representation of fear and his was yellow. There was probably a deeper meaning to it but Church could honestly care less. Nor was he in the mood to care.

Church growled and elbowed the door as hard as he could out of pure frustration. Why was he here? Why were the other AI's here? Why was Tex even here? Where the fuck was Alpha? Did the Reds and Blues make it out safely? Questions ran through Church's mind as he rubbed his throbbing elbow. He didn't even know how long it's been since he deconstructed himself. For all he knew his friends were dead. Or Caboose probably fucked up his big sacrifice in some way. That damn idiot. Church didn't even get to tell him that he was his best friend. No. Not best friend. Caboose became his brother.

Holy shit. Did I just say that Caboose was my brother? Now I know I'm losing it. I gotta get the fuck outta here. Church looked back at the door with a pointed look. "Open up you piece of shit." He growled, giving it his best death glare. The door, predictably, stubbornly stayed closed. "Open sesame!" He snarled.

"Did you ask nicely? North said the best way to get someone to do something was to ask nicely. And South said if they didn't do that then break their bones." Theta offered, his head drooping slightly at the mention of North but was gone almost immediately.

Church rolled his eyes. No surprise that South said that. "No Theta, I did not ask the door nicely because that's what nice people do to get people with feelings to do something. I am neither nice nor does the door have feelings." He scoffed.