1

I stare out the window of my Aunt Kate and Uncle Peter's big Chicago house. I sigh to myself imagining myself outside with my parents and siblings on Christmas Day. Of course, it was only four days before Christmas but I had been looking forward to seeing my family in Paris. Even better, I got to spend some time with my extended family before our peaceful morning flight.

"Where's my suitcase?!" I hear Tracey shout climbing down the steps, multiple other voices talking over her.

"Downstairs," Heather shouts, getting just as annoyed as me.

I quickly stand up and close the door. Okay. Maybe my extended family wasn't all great.

Of course, though, I expected that when my Dad offered the opportunity for us to come to Paris for the holidays. I didn't think about it at the moment but over time, I began to think about what a nightmare sixteen people in one house would be. Uncle Frank and Aunt Leslie had pulled in just five hours before but, ever since, it had been crazy. I'm not saying it wasn't somewhat crazy with my four cousins and my brother all living with the two but it had never gotten this bad. One thing was for sure, the McCallister family was like a big winter storm. They were calm for one minute but when they got crazy, they became almost unbearable.

I ignore my family as crazy as they might be watching the snow fall onto the ground. In the driveway, were the two families' cars. On the road, however, was a police car. That must've been what I was hearing trying to get someone's attention. It almost made me feel bad for him. I considered going downstairs to explain that half of the people here don't live here but I didn't want to get in the middle of the chaos. Instead, I wait a little while for things to calm down before talking to Kate or Peter.

Not even a minute passes by and people begin to move back to their respective rooms they would be sharing. I make my move to their room when I hear Kate trying to get someone to leave her alone. I chuckle in realization that it's my third-youngest cousin Kevin. Really, he was the only one it could be. Their older kids, I had heard running down the steps, and Fuller and Brooke belonged to Leslie and Frank. I wait by the door frame, arms crossed as I hear Peter ask about a voltage adaptor. Kate frowns as Kevin stays on her bed flipping through her magazine.

"Why would I have time to do that? We both have full-time jobs and when I'm not working, I've been taking care of the kids, cleaning, and wrapping presents," she informs him as if he didn't know that.

"Then, how am I supposed to shave in France?" he asks, holding up his shaver.

"Gee, I don't know, Peter. Grow a goatee?" she suggests causing me to smile to myself hoping not to interrupt their private conversation. Kevin, however, has different ideas. He stood up realizing his Mother wouldn't talk to him and turned to his Father.

"Dad. How come no one lets me do anything around here?" he asks. I give him a sympathetic look knowing that he's upset he can't watch the movie he bought on the way over. He had told the same to Fuller so it would make sense if he said 'no' to him.

"Oh, you have nothing to do, huh? Oh, don't worry! I have something for you to work on. How about you either go pack your suitcase or pick up your micro machines? Aunt Leslie just stepped on one and almost broke her neck," he informs him. My cousin rolls his eyes at the first option causing me to stop myself from laughing. Yet again, how did he not know his own son didn't know how to pack his suitcase?

"I found him in the garage again playing with the glue gun," Kate informs him, hanging up the phone.

"Didn't we talk about that?" Peter asks not to be amused with him.

"Did I burn down the joint? I don't think so. I was making ornaments out of fish hooks," his son informs him, causing me to smirk. Anything so I can get another of his awesome ornaments.........