4--Exchange ticket for Dallas

That evening, Kate and I had stayed there for a total of twenty four hours and we weren't getting anywhere. We were both exhausted but we were never going to give up no matter what. Kevin needed us right now but we were running out of options and all we had was a ticket for Friday morning. We couldn't possibly wait that long but it seemed to be our only option until Kate got out of her seat and went up to an old woman who we hoped spoke English.

"Excuse me?"

The woman stops and turns to us.

"Yes?" she asked.

"Is there any way we can trade tickets?" she asks. "I have a ticket for Friday and I need to get home now."

The woman is silent as she thinks.

"Um.....I don't think so. Sorry." She gives us a smile and tries to walk away.

"Please. I can make a trade. My family is really rich so I have five hundred dollars. This could get you a spot in first class."

The woman becomes interested as Kate holds them out.

"Kate. What are you doing? This is illegal," I whispered but she ignored me and got out her dangly earrings.

"How about these beautiful dangly earrings?"

She stares at her watch, not interested.

"Is that a real rolex?"

Kate chuckles.

"I don't know. Do you think it is?"

"It's not," I tell the woman.

"But who can tell, right?" Kate takes it off as she smiles at her ring.

"That is a very nice and expensive ring mam. Your husband must be a good man."

"Do you want it?" Kate asks.

I shake my head in disbelth but who can blame her? She's just trying to get home to her son.

The womens handed the ring and a pocket translater.

"Come on Irine. We need to go," her husband says, dragging her along.

"But this nice lady just offered us a first class ticket for Friday, five-hundred dollars, plus a ring, a pocket translater, her watch, and some dangly earrings."

The man stares at Kate confused.

"Thank you but we need to go. She already has dangly earrings at home."

"Please sir. We're desperete," I tell him.

"From a mother to a mother, I need to get home to my eight-year-old son."

Irine all of a sudden feels bad.

"Oh Ed....."

"Oh alright. It won't hurt to stay here an extra day," he says. "I hope you get home to your son mam."

Kate gives him a smile and Irine gives the stuff back and gives her her ticket while we give her ours.

"Thank you," Kate calls as we go inside the gate to go sit down.

"What was that about?" I ask once we sit down.

"What was what?" She asked.

"You know what I mean. That was illegal. Look. I know you'll try everything to get back to Kevin but I think you've gone a little crazy. I know you think this is your fault and in a way, you're right but hey. At least you're owning up to your mistakes. Don't get me wrong. No one else is to blame but you but at least you're really trying to do the best you can as a mother and I love that about you."

Kate smiles at me and hugs me as we get ready for our trip which I somehow am able to get a little sleep during but Kate looks absolutely exhausted but won't sleep despite me telling her that everything's okay but who can blame her? The poor ladys terrified and doesn't know what to do next and that's what makes her so amazing as a mother. Sure, she has her flaws but that just proves she's human and she made one of the biggest flaws you could possibly make. Once we get off the plaine, we're lucky Dallas has a ticket to Straton that I'm pretty sure Kate didn't even care to know the name of as long as we were getting to Chicago by Christmas.