Epilogue

"Well, it's court day." Maddox sighed, shucking a suit jacket over his shoulders, "And you have the privilege of testifying." he grinned smugly over this side, where Wren sat, adorning a dark gray pantsuit, and a black dress shirt underneath, nibbling anxiously on her nails.

"I dunno Dad, it's been two years, what if something happens halfway through the trial?" she complained. "I don't know if everything is gonna go the way it's supposed to..."

"Birdy, we're Gluskins, nothing goes the way we want!" he chuckled, bumping her arm, "I mean look at you, you ended up chasing down a serial killer with a broken arm and a firearm you didn't know how to use at only nineteen!" he revved up the car, taking it into drive "All while taking my poor Betsy for a joyride..." he acted fake offended.

"Yes well..." she began, "Now I'm twenty-one and have the nasty scar on my arm to prove that it happened." she smiled back. Rolling up her suit sleeve to show the nasty scars left from the stitches she had to get in her arm after she had broken it, chasing after Heidi of course.

"Whatever, let's stop wallowing in self-pity and get to the courthouse, ALL of us have to testify," Maddox stated.

"You ready Tamm?" Sasha looked over at Tammy, sitting in the passenger seat of his car, currently parked in the parking lot of the courthouse.

"Ready as I'll ever be I guess, lucky I have those photos of my injuries huh?" she motioned to the large manila folder sitting in her lap, heavy with case files, photos, and other evidence.

"I just can't believe it's been two years..." he sighed, leaning back into the seat. "A lot sure has changed, huh?" he fumbled with the gold ring on his ring finger.

"Yeah, I guess so huh?" Tammy laughed, holding the hand up with a matching gold band on her finger. "I'm an Egorov now after all!" she smiled at him.

Sasha joined in on the laughter, trying to shake out the nerves before the trial, as he was interrupted by the sound of light knocking on his window, turning his head, he saw Maddox and Wren staring at him through his window. Sasha opened the door to talk to them face to face.

"You guys ready to head in?" 

"Yeah, ready as we'll ever be if suppose..." he sighed.

"Will one of the witnesses come forth?" the judge ordered.

"Now's your time to shine Birdy!" Maddox whispered into Wren's ear, promptly standing up, hand gripping a stapled stack of papers containing her witness statement and other evidence.

"Your honor, and to the people of the jury, I just want you to be aware that you're in the presence of a stone-cold killer..." she stated loud and round. Sucking in a breath of courage, she continued, "Ms.Wilkinson has killed my Mother, my friend's Father and a coworker of mine, the nurse who cared for my Mother, and a detective taking care of her case...And I hate to say it, but there's probably more, at least to what evidence I've been presented by my Father."

"And how does this support your case Ms.Gluskin, after all, you chased Ms. Wilkinson down all by yourself." The judge questioned her.

"Well your honor, she had stated to me herself that she killed those people, and that I didn't have the guts to be a killer like her, so I'd say she was proud of the atrocities she committed..." Wren stated a matter a factly.

Heidi stayed silent in the conviction stand, not even a simple emotion graced her face as she watched Wren deliver her testimony from afar.

"And does Ms.Wilkonson have any statement to prove this one false?" The judge looked over to her, along with everyone on the jury. Eyes wide with curiosity and waiting for an explanation or excuse.

"No," she muttered. "I've got nothing, I plead guilty." 

"Uhm, Ms. Wilkinson, we're not done-"

"I PLEAD, GUILTY." she stood up irate, eyes blown wide, gripping onto the stand with rough hands aggressively.

The whole courtroom stopped, after watching how fast her mood changed, and what it changed to. Whispers could be heard throughout the courtroom, Wren turned to see Tammy, Sasha, Hestia, and her father all looking at her, waiting for her response quietly.

"Well- Well, I believe I've experienced enough to let the jury know that this woman should be locked up for a very long time, considering all the pain she's caused me and my family and work-family," she said.

Heidi slinked back into her chair, like a venomous snake slithering back into its den.

"Alright then, Miss Hestia Ichor, would you be so kind as to share your testimony with the court?" The judge beckoned her forward as Wren took her seat next to her Father.

"Good job kiddo, you would've won me over," he murmured nudging her slightly.

Hestia gave her testimony, consisting of some of the same accounts that Wren gave, along with the case of her Fathers death, and the corpse she left out in the open after she made her getaway. Which easily earned her a conviction for endangerment of a corpse, and obstruction of justice. In which case, the court seemed less than impressed at the fact she had nothing to say on the matter.

Then Sasha and Tammy went up, giving their account of the evidence they had compiled together, which in turn surprised everyone at the mass amount they were able to compile. Along with the forged autopsy reports of Wren's mother, and the other victim.

After Sasha sat back down again, Tammy stayed up, waiting patiently.

"Mrs. Egorov, what can I help you with?"

"I'd like to give an independent testimony your honor," She stated. "I have two experiences I'd like to share..."

"Go on..." the judge looked intrigued, leaning back in his chair.

Wren looked at Heidi, her eyes wild with a bottled-up fury and other emotions, clearly she wasn't prepared for everyone to have so much against her, she wasn't prepared at all. Watching her grit her teeth in anticipation, Wren sat up straighter, hoping that what Tammy was about to say could quite possibly seal her fate.

"I've got some pictures for you if you'd like to take a look at them." she held out her hand, multiple photos held out to the judge, which he took, observing all of them in silence, eventually blowing out a breath.

"Wowza, and what I can assume is that Ms. Wilkonsion did this to you?" he looked at Heidi, then over at Tammy, standing triumphantly, knowing justice had been served finally, finally...

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to show the court, your honor," Tammy asked.

"Go on, they need to see this for themselves."

"People of the jury," she began holding up the pictures of her eye full of blood from eh ruptured blood vessel. And a picture of her heavily bruised neck. "I want to show you firsthand what that monster is capable of."

Wren could've sworn she heard a loud gasp coming from one of the jury members.

Tammy continued for a while, finishing up to give Maddox the floor finally, his time had come to make sure Heidi would never hurt anyone ever again.

"I've got nothing I can say your honor, I've been here before, convicting criminals of what they've truly done to the people around them. She murdered my wife, friends, and others in cold blood. You just need to know that this is no coroner, this is a butcher who had abused her prowess and power to hurt others, she's guilty. That's all." he quickly and quietly sat down.

It was easy to say, based on what had been presented, Heidi wasn't getting out anytime soon...