Chapter two- paranormal actions

Five whole years passed since I first met Melanie. The orphanage was getting quieter and quieter. Until there were only 50 kids left. I know its still a lot of kids, but our orphanage had 200 kids. So that was the biggest change we've ever experienced. The warden didn't even care about us one bit. But we were way to young to leave. But also, no parents wanted 12-year-old kids because we were now "too old" for them.

No wonder why I was always quiet and kept it to myself. It started to get so boring, and I went 4 years without books because we couldn't leave the filthy orphanage.

We were playing one day in the garden when the warden came outside. It was quiet and dark. It was late. But she still let us go to the garden to play before dinner. Like she would cook us dinner. Yea right.

I looked around the park for coins. Melanie told me coins bring good luck and she heard that, Michael, a Spanish guy from the orphanage found a coin and was gone the next day. So, they assumed that he got adopted. But the warden was a little scared for him and wasn't so sure that he got home that morning. But, when u have 200 screaming kids, you simply forget.

But the thought of Michael not making it home haunted me for days. The next couple of weeks were so boring but I had Melanie with me.

We would walk around the park and laugh until our stomachs hurt. One day we were heading downstairs for breakfast and saw the warden taking out some letters from her drawer.

Melanie didn't think much of it, but I had a strange feeling in my gut. Once we walked down the stairs the warden quickly put the letters back into the drawer which made me shiver. I tried not to think much about it, so Melanie and I went to a table and ate our breakfast.

The food tasted weird, and I got dizzy after. I went back to my room to chug a glass of water and then laid in my bed and waited. I woke up some hours later. I wasn't sure what the time was, but it was already dark outside. I headed downstairs thinking it was dinner time and saw someone in the door behind the doorway.

I tried not thinking about it, but it's scared me. Who was this guy and what was he doing here? I ran back to my room and saw that everyone was in bed. Who did I see? I was terrified. I laid in my bed and tried falling asleep, but I just couldn't. The thought that I saw a man standing on our doorway scared me but also, I got a little bit excited. Was he being he here to adopt me? Finally, after reading a whole book with 400 pages, I fell asleep quietly.

3 hours later I woke up to the sound of heavy breathing I opened my eyes and saw the warden standing in front of me. I wanted to scream. but she put her hand on my mouth. What was happening?