Chapter four- the survival

We ran and ran as fast as our legs took us. The sky was dark and my vision got blurry. But I kept on running. There were 50 other kids behind me. That's when I realized I was the leader of the group and I had to take care of all of them.

The first night we stayed on the streets. The night was cold and I shivered. I looked at Melanie who was already fast asleep. We were all so hungry. So, I went to look in the trash can. The thrash can was just behind the restaurant so I got some food out. I also found some cash and placed it in my pockets. I knew it was stealing, but what could I do??  I ran back to the kids and saw them eating burgers. Everyone ate one except Melanie.

"Where did you get that from??!" I asked panicking.

"Oh some young man gave it to us, we were starving!!" they answered. Their voices echoed in the mountains. I shivered again.

"And how come Melanie not have one?" I asked confusedly.

"She said it was not fair to you. If you don't have one she doesn't need to have one too." they said.

I looked to Melanie who was lying on the floor. She was already sleeping. So I left her alone.

The next morning it rained. There was a rain storm and we were wet. But there was nothing from us to do. So, we talked on the beach watching thousands and thousands of raindrops hitting the water. It was quiet, but very loud at the same time.

"Hey, let's play this one game" someone said "we have to pick truth or dare but with a twist. The dare has to be chaotic."

"I-I don't think that's a good ide-" I stopped in the middle of my sentence. They already started.

The bottle landed on Lucas and Melanie. She picked truth but the wouldn't listen. He pushed her into the water making her fall really hard onto her face.

Little did he know, she couldn't swim.