Chapter 9

Chapter 9

After studying her wing, Soundwave took a step forward. He grabbed her chin, tilting it upwards so that she looked up at him. Shaking his helm, he almost seemed to be chastising in silence.

All she could see was her reflection on his visor, but she knew his optics watched her. Darkstrike knew of their existence, and it changed the way she felt when he stared at her.

Soundwave released her and went to tend to her wing.

"You will feel temporary pain," he warned.

Her wings weren't sensitive like a seeker, but they were still the most delicate part of her frame.

Despite the fear, she replied confidently, "I'm ready."

There was a loud buzz, but Darkstike didn't initially feel anything.

The pain came suddenly, and it shot through the circuitry nerves of her spine. The affliction made her back straighten, making it feel like she was being torn into two.

It was an excruciating couple of kliks. Darkstrike bit her right servo to muffle her scream.

She gripped the side of the table to stabilize herself, but she would've fallen back if it weren't for Soundwave's servos keeping her steady.

The aching didn't immediately subside, but it became somewhat bearable for her. Darkstrike still was unable to hide her trembling. Her right palm was bleeding with fresh denta marks.

Much to her surprise, she felt Soundwave's servo rub her spinal struts. His fingers were gentle as he traveled down the base of her wings. He pressed on certain pressure points, his heavy servos providing immediate alleviation for her. The femme leaned into him when he began kneading her wings.

She couldn't help the relieved moan that escaped her lips. It was raspy, sounding more obscene than she would've liked.

They both froze at the same time.

Her entire face burned. Darkstrike shamefully lowered her helm.

Before he could continue, the flier had stood up and excused herself.

Thinking about it for the tenth time, Darkstrike cursed at herself for choking up.

As much as the femme believed the Soundwave barely tolerated her, the way he had comforted her in that agonizing moment led her to believe differently.

With Soundwave, it only seemed to be either actions or words. His actions made her question exactly how much his words truly meant.

After a cycle of getting fragged over by business mechs, she never would have expected a Gladiator to have given her mercy.

Darkstrike had tangled herself in a mess because she had wanted to impress Soundwave with a T-cog. He had every right to send her off, and in the moment, he almost had.

Though it had ended up being a test, the femme was still unable to forget the few nano-kliks of disappointment she had felt.

Much to her surprise, Soundwave had given her the best news of the cycle. He had suggested— no, stated that he was going to be her mentor. He made it clear that he didn't have faith she could win her battle, at least not yet.

She wasn't sure why he'd chosen to help her when he could've easily left her to deal with the issue on her own. Darkstrike liked to think that maybe she had impressed him with all the hard work she'd put into his minicon.