CHAPTER THREE

༻✿༺

"This our house

"This our house."

BEX:

        Sometimes I wonder how things would be if I never met Fez. Where I'd be and who I would've fallen in love with instead. Not in an unsatisfied way, though. He's impacted my life so much that I can't picture myself without him.

        I like to think that he feels the same way. I doubt he'd be that affected if I wasn't around, considering his lifestyle and how used to losing people he is. I also like to think the complete opposite—that he's as dependent on me as I am on him. Maybe that's just hopeful thinking. Cause right now, I wanted nothing more than to drop everything and just run away with him.

        Ritchie Valens played on the TV as Fez and I, both off a few shots of Tequila, danced in the living room, clumsily bumping into the coffee table or the couch. He always looked so at peace when it was just the two of us. I wrapped my arms around his neck and jumped up to wrap my arms around his waist while he held me up at my thighs. I squealed into his neck as he began spinning around, neither of us caring whether or not we could fall.

       Fez rarely let me drink, and when he did, I was only allowed to if he was around to take care of me. I'm such a lightweight it's embarrassing. I liked that about Fez though. He took care of me, made sure nothing bad happened to me.

       He put me down, but I kept my arms around his neck, swaying side to side to the sound of the music, before raising myself on my toes to kiss him. He smiled into the kiss, wrapping his arms snugly around my waist to pull my body closer. We both laughed, drunkenly dancing to the music.

       Then my phone rang, but I ignored it. And then it rang again, and I received about three text messages at once. I furrowed my eyebrows, glancing at Fez, then at my phone that was on the coffee table. He didn't meet my eyes though, only staring at my phone. "It's Maddy," he said, reaching for the phone to pick it up.

"I got it—"

       "Nah," he said before answering. Something seemed off. Like he didn't exactly expect it to be Maddy. "Yo."

       I could hear Maddy, hysterical on the other end of the line. Fez reluctantly handed the phone to me, before walking to the kitchen. A wave of anxiety-induced sobriety hit me as I heard Maddy's voice.

       "Bex, I need to come over right now, please," she pleaded.

"Yeah, yeah, do you need me to come get you?"

       "No, I'm driving, thank you so much," she cried, her voice was just about gone like she had the biggest lump in her throat ever, and she's been crying for hours.

       "Alright, baby, just come knock when you're here," I told her. "I love you."

       I hung up the phone and met Fez in the kitchen, giving him a look of disbelief. The fact that he'd even assume that I'd have another guy calling my phone pissed me off. "You serious right now?" I asked him.