CHAPTER SIX

༻✿༺

"we're done, i promise you

"we're done, i promise you."

BEX:

       "You look nice," Fez told me as always. He came up behind me in the mirror, kissing my shoulders as I finished up with my makeup for the winter formal. "I'm dropping you off?"

       "No, um, my friends are picking me up," I answered. "Can you pick me up after?"

      "Yeah, I gotchu," he nodded. I sprayed my face with setting spray, then went to the living room to slide my boots on. "Why you in such a rush?"

       "Uh," I started, struggling to zipper my boot. "Cassie's outside."

       "Alright, well, be safe, babe," he said before walking over and kissing my cheek. "Don't get too fucked up or nothin' crazy."

"I know, I know! I'll text you, okay?"

        I rushed outside to the parking lot where Cassie, Lexi were double parked, and quickly got in the car, excited squeals coming from the three of them. "You look so fucking good!" Maddy exclaimed, holding on to my arm.

"So do you," I smiled, leaning forward. "Lexi!"

"What?" She laughed shyly.

       "You look so pretty!" I told her, shaking her shoulders. Lexi and I got along very well, most likely because of how mature she is and the fact that I was older than everyone else.

       "Thank you," she smiled at me before I sat back with Maddy. She took out some gatorade, and took a sip before cringing and almost gagging. "Ahh," she gave me the bottle.

       Without asking what was in it, I took a pretty big sip, immediately regretting it and almost throwing up in my mouth, making Maddy laugh before offering the bottle to the others.

"What is it?" Lexi wisely asked.

       "Gatorade and Everclear," Maddy answered, handing her the bottle.

"Fuck it," Lexi shrugged before taking a sip.

      The ride there was nice, and the dance was beautiful. Maddy took my hand, pulling me through the crowd to a table at the back where Rue and Jules were sitting. I gave Rue the biggest hug I could. She's been sober for three months, and she looked absolutely beautiful.