CHAPTER FOUR

༻✿༺

"Do you still have that gun?"

BEX:

       Just like any other eighteen-year-old, I love parties. I loved being in the crowd, dancing with my friends, my boyfriend, I loved the atmosphere. What I didn't love, were the people that got too fucked up at parties and ruined it for everyone around them. That's what Jules had been doing to me the entire night.

       "Bexy, come on," Jules pleaded, pulling on my arm. "One more shot," she tried placing the glass in my hand. I shook my head, pushing her hand away. "You're such a party-pooper," she slurred. "I can't believe no one wants to dance with me."

       Now, I enjoy Jules. She's a sweet girl and she has great intentions. But she's not a drinker. She can't handle her alcohol. And I didn't come here to chaperone her. So, I handed her off to Kat and made my way back to the crowd to dance.

       The party was nice, some guy from East Highland threw it. Lots of people I didn't know and sadly, no Maddy yet.

        "Yo," I felt someone tap my shoulder, making me jump. "Fezco here?" It was just some guy, who looked like every other high-schooler here. I nodded and gestured for him to follow me out back where the pool was. I sat down next to Fez while he did the quick deal before turning his attention back to me.

       "Hello, there," he said, taking my hand while holding a blunt between the corner of his lips. "You look very nice, Mrs. Addams," he complimented, making me smile.

"Same to you, Mr. Addams," I returned, laying my head on his shoulder.

        "Gon' be Mrs. O'Neil soon," he added, taking a hit from his blunt and turning his head to exhale the smoke.

       "Oh yeah? You know I'm expensive, don't put no cheap ass ring on my finger," I told him.

"Of course not," he replied. "My girl deserve the best."

       I smiled, turning my head to kiss him, which he obliged, gently kissing me back.

"Ahem."

        We both turned to see Rue awkwardly standing there, and I hid a smile, burying my face in Fez's shoulder, hearing him laugh. "Hey, what's up, kid?"

"Hey, man, uh...look, I owe you an apology," she said.

       "Nah, come on, now. We good," Fez offered, adjusting his poster while I sat up. The last time we saw Rue was...bad. She was desperate and Fez wouldn't sell to her. She had a meltdown, banging at the door and screaming at him. He tried to hide it for the past month, but it got to him. He forgave her, but I could tell it was hard for him to see her like that. We cared about Rue, she's family.