Chapter 20

KIARA

I was unwilling to ask for any kind of help from Rudraneel, but at this moment, I am helpless and I had no other option than to ask him for help.
But yes, I do promise myself that whenever possible, I will return this debt to him.

"I need your help," I told him, in a weak voice.
"Okay. A car will be reaching the hospital within ten minutes. Get into the car and come to me," he replied and I was in shock.

How did he know that I am in the hospital? And which hospital? Mumbai has more than thirty hospitals. Is he keeping an eye on me?

"How do you know that..." I couldn't even complete my sentence because I was scared.
I was getting a glimpse of the man I am talking to and I had no idea how powerful he is.

"I know everything," he chuckled.
His words sent shivers down my spine as I almost froze while holding my phone in my ear.
"H... How?" I stammered, thinking about the worst case scenario that's possible.

"You don't know me yet, darling. But now, you will. Reach on time," he spoke and hung up his call immediately.
I was left baffled, having no idea what to say or how to react. My knees were wobbling while my feet froze on the ground. I gulped as I felt my heart palpitations getting fast. I was struggling to breathe amidst that uneasiness. My mind and heart were drawn towards the worst of thoughts encapsulating my mind at that time and I couldn't react.

Within ten minutes, the car sent my Rudraneel was parked in front of the hospital's main entrance. I saw the car and I found myself unable to walk. I was torn between the person I hate and my Aai's life and whom to choose? Hate can't be greater than love. I took a deep breath and walked towards the car. Without any further thoughts or words, I got into the car.

As the car drove towards Rudraneel's place, I quietly looked around the city view through the car's glass window. Those tall buildings, busy streets, honking of vehicles, street vendors and so many other people. Everyone has a story to tell, but can everyone express that? And is everyone's story as sad as mine? No! I have to remain optimistic, maybe someone's story is much more worse than mine. I do have freedom, I can't be that miserable, I can make my own decisions. I can't be that miserable.

But the people who have entered my life without any warning, would they stop being miserable to me? I am not getting good vibes from Rudraneel's invitation and that's why I am worried much more than I have ever thought.

While I kept myself immersed in my thoughts, the car stopped at an unfamiliar place. I looked around and then looked towards the driver.

"What's this place?"
I can't trust this person. This place looked like an abandoned building in a deserted area and a place like that can never be safe.
"It's where Boss works," the man responded as he got down to open my side of the door.

As he opened my side of the door of the car, I got down and looked around. If I shout here, then too, no one would come for my rescue. I hope Milan is here because I can only trust him.

"Come with me," he almost ordered.
I flinched as I looked at him and walked behind him.

As I entered the building, my heartbeats increased and I felt extremely anxious. The place was somehow dark, and there were armed men everywhere, giving me a look that they would kill me if I try to do anything against their order.
At that moment, my eyes searched for one man, Milan and I couldn't find him anywhere.

"Stay here, the boss will be arriving at any moment," the man ordered me and walked out of the room.
I looked around the room, it was dark and empty. The aura of the room scared me. I tapped my feet to somehow control my anxiety while I waited for the devil to arrive. Yes, to save my Aai, I was going to have a deal with the devil.