MURDER 101

A couple was living in a flat adjacent to Jake's flat. One day he saw some commotion in their house, he went there and found the husband dead and the wife holding a knife smeared with blood, his blood. He was shocked to his core, not ready to believe his eyes ever. They went from the wife to the dead body laying on the floor in a pool of its own blood. But something didn't feel right, the couple was in love, they were together for decades. What happened that was so dire that the wife had to take such extreme measures. The wife looks at Jake with a deranged look on her face yet he cannot figure out if she really did kill him. His eyes wander downwards at her outfit, its stained with her husband's blood. You can hardly make out the colour of her chiffon summer dress. Before he can get out, she is already walking towards him, knife pointed at an angle like she is ready to attack anyone who dares to come in her way. He stops dead, panic and fear slowly creeping from his heart to his brain, crossing out any way for him to escape this house of madness. Before he knows it, she is only a few feet away from him. He shuts his eyes, realizing that he is going to die, he prays for a quick painless death. Opening his eyes, he braces death like an old friend. That's it, the moment he dreaded finally showed itself. She stabbed him. Once,twice,thrice...but something was definitely not right. As she stabbed him, he could see the blood oozing out, draining him. But he couldn't feel an ounce of pain, he felt as if nothing godawful was happening to him. He could see the gorgeous marble floors turning red because of his blood.

Suddenly he wakes up in his apartment, fit and fine as he ever was. A few days go by, he continues his life just like he did before. One fine summer day, he wakes up and checks the time, he is late! He quickly changes into his work outfit, brushes his teeth and makes his way into the kitchen for breakfast. "An apple will be enough", he thinks. He reaches into the cutlery drawer and grabs a knife. He finds the knife covered in blood. Before his brain can completely register this, he falls to the floor and roars in agony. He can see his pure white shirt turning red, he slightly lifts it to see where the blood is coming from. He sees recently opened scars, draining him of his blood, making him weaker and dizzier. His mind goes to the nightmare he had a few weeks ago.

He sees a figure walking towards him but before he can see who it is, his brain gives up and he passes out.