𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

The start of everything

—————

Tegan awoke to what felt like a new beginning, a time where her past was left behind her and that should could move forward with her future, her future at the moment though was sort of blurry.

Like there was a part of it that hadn't been revealed yet, a part she herself had to discover. Could it be more about her real mother? Or was it about Klaus and that piece of information she'd also been told about? She wanted to get to the bottom of it, so that the voices in her head would tell her she's free.

Tegan placed her pillows into there upright position and tried to think back too last night with Caroline's birthday and Stefan's attack. She remembered her infection and how she could feel herself dying, part of her wanted to die to feel the weight she was carrying on her shoulder's lift, to be free of her own suffering and pain and not worry about everyone else's.

But there was also a part of her that wanted to
live, it was a very small part, hardly there but she could feel it, she could feel the love she had for her friends, her tiny family and maybe even Klaus himself. And that alone brought a genuine smile to her face.

She could smell a sweet scent, one she was all too familiar with, the powerful smell of white Roses, she looked to the side of her and found the most gorgeous bouquet of white roses she had even seen. But she noticed something a note, she'd recognise that handwriting anywhere it belonged to Klaus.

She picked up the little card and read what the so called merciless hybrid had to say, 'My love, I am sorry that Stefan went too far because of my selfish reasons, that I didn't want to be alone, I hope this gift will be enough forgiveness for you. P.s- I will love you till the last petal of every last Rose has fallen, Yours fondly Klaus.'

Tegan felt flattered, loved, cared for and she was slightly scared, her belly was fluttery and she felt her cheeks heat up. She was blushing. The end of the note made her think, it read; 'I will love you till the last petal of every last Rose has fallen.' She couldn't quite understand what it meant so she grabbed the bouquet and rummaged through them to find a Rose but the Rose was different to the rest, it was fake.