Chapter 9 | Consequences

(A/N mmm the sweet return of being back I guess. I lost the password to this account months ago and now I finally have it back. A shame that the Squid Game era ended faster than my non-existent career, but since my Kang Sae Byeok phase is slowly coming, I'm here.)

I shut the door as quietly as possible, praying to whoever is out there that my dad is already asleep. The prayers however let me down real quick.

,,So." I quickly whip around to see my dad sitting on our expensive couch with a champagne bottle in his hand. ,,How was the school trip?"

I widened my eyes, before getting myself back together. ,,It was good. I learned a lot." I blankly say, forgetting that I don't have my packed bag with me anymore.

,,Is that so..." He said in a very low, but calm voice. I suddenly gulped. I wasn't dumb so it didn't take long for me to now realize he knows about the so-called 'trip'. I should've just made something else up instead of adding fuel to the fire.

,,Listen...I've raised you my whole life to be admirable. To be a role model, to be...perfect." I quickly send my gaze to the floor, not out of shame, but out of fear. ,,And this...is the way you repay me? Bad grades are one thing, bad influence is another, but sneaking out?" He slowly stood up from the sofa and placed the champagne bottle down on the small, fancy coffee table in front of it.

,,What's next, Y/n? Are you gonna start partying, taking drugs, getting tattoos, shaving your head, fucking whoever is on sight? Answer me. Is that what's gonna happen next?"

I managed to look him in the eye, masking my fear and replacing it with a blank look. ,,No." 

,,Really?" He gently placed his palm against my cheek, calmly staring me in the eye. ,,Well too bad, it seems your acts have already begun. And I, as your father, should probably step in now to lead you to the right path, don't you think?"

,,I-" More of my made-up lies were cut off as I was shoved against the wall behind me, with his hand tightly wrapped around my neck. I let out a faint gasp, trying to catch some air.

,,You will not go down like this. You are my daughter and my blood and I will absolutely not let you ruin our family name because of your teenage hormones." I just looked at him, begging with my eyes for him to let me go. I wasn't worried though. I know he wouldn't kill me.

,,So as long as you're my daughter and as long as you live in this household, you will do as I say. Understood?" Every word of his dripped with venom. I couldn't really speak, so I just tried to nod my head once as visibly as possible. Soon he let me go and I slumped against the wall.

,,Make sure this doesn't happen again or things won't end as easily as this time." He snarled before finally heading upstairs, towards his room. 

After he left I just stayed there with tears brimming in the corners of my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. If it isn't the consequences of my own actions...

I slowly managed to get up after regaining my breath and headed straight to the bathroom. After I walked in, I slowly took off my clothes and examined my body, mostly my neck. I gently touched the now irritated, red marks around it. For the first time, I didn't know how to feel. I love my dad and hate him at the same time. He's the only person I have in my life that I can lean on, but at the same time, he can be my worst nightmare.

I rested my hands on the counter, feeling tears welling up again. I was prepared for something bad since it's my dad we're talking about, but he's never gotten as far as to choke me. And why. Because I was gone for a day. I also felt disappointed. Not only with him, but with myself as well. For these past few days, all I do is get in trouble. I let out a sob when a memory of me playing with my dad came up. I was about five years old, times were good. I haven't started school or ballet yet. It was just adventures. I wish I enjoyed every second of it more.

After a few more sobs I calmed myself down and headed to my room. After washing myself up, I layed in my bed, trying to get an ounce of sleep after what happened in the past 24 hours. Somehow my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

***

I fell on my knees once again, desperately trying to catch my breath. My whole body was sore and my feet were in pain. I had to catch up on my dancing schedule, so today I worked extra hard, going through all of my stretches, moves, and everything I didn't practice on earlier. I have now been doing pique turns for as long as I remember and the pain was really getting to me.

I let out a sigh of relief after I finally took off my pointe shoes, but the relief didn't last long as I realized some of the material was red. More specifically, red from my blood. I cursed under my breath and picked up some bandages that were next to me. This is the horror of being a ballerina. I winced as the bandaid touched my injured skin. After wrapping it around my foot I took off the other shoe, relieved that I didn't have to use those bandages on my other foot as well.

After some time I finally dragged myself home from the studio and let myself fall on the bed. I could've fallen asleep just right then and there, but me being me, I wouldn't dare to do it all sweaty and smelly. I forced myself to get up and get in the shower. After some time I dried my hair as the sun started setting. It's a beautiful view, so of course, before going to bed, I stepped out in the balcony.

The view was indeed breathtaking, however, after some time I noticed a small vase on the thick, flat railing. I took a closer look. Inside the vase was a banquet of beautiful red roses. Did my dad leave this here?

I noticed a note laying right next to them, but as I picked it up I realized it was not a note, it was a card. All color drained from my face as I realized the familiar three symbols on top of it.

Circle, triangle, square...