Chapter 9

"No,no,no, Simon, not you too. Please don't leave me!" I started crying, I stopped as soon as I heard his hoarse voice trying to tell me something.
"Y... you have to leave this dreamland now Elizabeth," he whispered and I was startled but he wasn't done, "I know you love the people here but they will always be with you. You know you have the power to exit this dream, you just haven't found the will to do it yet. Go live your life, you don't belong in this world, you need to return to yours. You have learned what you need to, I know you have. Please respect this dying man's wishes. Take this time you have had, learn from it, and cherish it." He coughed, spat blood, and I watched the light fade from his eyes. I sobbed, I sobbed until I felt two hands on my shoulders.
I looked up and saw both of my friends looking at me with sad faces, barely holding back tears. My heart hurt but I knew I had to let them go now. They nodded their heads in understanding.
"We love you," They say in unison. I smile and hug them.
"I love you guys too, I will never forget you. Thank you for everything. Especially everything you have taught me that I will cherish forever. Goodbye." With one final hug I turn and face the empty battlefield. I called the voice up to the forefront of my mind.
"I am ready to go home now, I believe I have learned what I need to know." I felt the smile the voice was giving me and everything went warm.
I was falling again but it felt like I was falling in the right direction this time. I heard beeping monitors. The smell of everything being terribly clean and sterilized is what hit me next. There was scratchy fabric on my skin and I slowly opened my eyes. Though it felt like I was lifting 100 tons. The shining lights blinded me as I slowly looked around. I saw a blurry figure.
"Water," I croak at the person. Water is immediately shoved into my hands and when I finish I ask the question that had been burning inside of me since I had opened my eyes.
"What happened?"
"You have been in a coma for three months."