A nightmare

Darkness was my only sight. The only noise being the sound of thoughts. I kept screaming until my voice went hoarse only for it to fall on silent ears, fingers kept on bleeding from punching the walls while my whole body shook. I couldn't move, my vision blurred as frozen tears blocked my vision, my heart sped up and my breathing turned rapid,I was terrified.

*gasp* Eyes shooting open causing light to take over while a heartbeat raced, stuck in a trance until a knock sounded "Your Majesty?" a sigh escaped me as it was just Dorothy I silently yelled 'come in' the door quickly closed as it was opened "The Queen has requested your presence my prince" a roll of the eyes told my response for me causing a small giggle from the woman "better hurry up sir don't want to keep her waiting" she left in a rush but not before leaving fresh clothes for me.

A low grumble was emitted as I climbed out of bed, the warmth leaving me while getting ready to meet mother. The hallways that were once busy with laughter and gentle smiles were now full of dread and fear.

The maids whispered to one another as I walked by causing confusion along with the sad smiles of the butlers.

I paused at the doors which seemed abnormally large, fear intruded my thoughts, the worry only kept growing, my feet glued to the floor while I shook finally stopping when the doors opened to reveal my mothers head guard Jaxi.

"Deven?" concern laced their voiced "i'm fine" i quickly responded shoving past them as guilt filled me. A loud sigh came from the other side of the room "Deven dear come" I quickly obliged, hurrying my steps until a complete stop. "Yes,Nini?"They  stared at me with sadness along with the morning sun the look held much more meaning with the gold ring looped around their finger causing the false look of tears.

"Deven you might need to sit down" at those words i knew i messed up. We sat across from one another with an awkward silence so silent that I could hear a crumb fall "Me and king edward have come to agreement" a smile so large I started wincing "MOM THAT'S GREAT NEWS" My rambles of celebration were stopped when the word 'But' left their mouth.

"The only way for war to not begin is for his eldest son to marry you" I thought I died. "I refuse" i stared anywhere but her as fiery was all i felt. "Deven if you refuse, our kingdom will be at war" their voice echoed through my brain on repeat "So be it, Mum could easily slaughter them all" in truth i wasn't aware of her position or power at all in fact , I don't see often as she gets more work everyday.

"I don't need innocent lives killed" their stare caused my bones to shiver "But-" once again interrupted "That's enough a guard is being sent until the wedding" A KNIGHT? "Mom, I can easily defend myself!" a smirked appeared across their face "so be it then, a fight first thing tomorrow"

Word count: 535