026. "the fool-like destiny curses me"

XXVI

XXVI. THE SEVERED STRINGS OF FATE

01:03 ─❁────────── 01:80

◁                          Ⅱ                          ▷

My voice doesn't come out

Just hovering around In the deep

༻───────────────༺

          "H-HOLD ON, WHAT?"

Lucia couldn't quite comprehend what she had just heard as she comforted the distressed boy in her arms. She just has to be hearing him wrong, the denial part of her pleaded from within her. But she didn't speak it outright to him, only pulling him closer into her embrace until he gives the green light to call down Ron and Hermione to discuss what happened.

And when they were all together, there, Harry had told them the tragic meet-up he had.

The four spent the rest of the night talking about it and by daybreak, the four crept out of their dormitories, fully dressed and hurried up to the Owlery in the very early morning as Harry said that he had to send a letter to someone.

Lucia didn't think much of whoever this someone was, fully abandoning her curiosity of this person, already having too much in her book.

Now they were standing looking out at the misty grounds. All four of them were puffy-eyed and pale because they had been talking late into the night about Mr. Crouch. Though it wasn't an unusual occurrence to see Lucia like that, but it was certainly odd to see it on the others.

"Just go through it again, Harry," said Hermione. "What did Mr. Crouch actually say?"

"I've told you, he wasn't making much sense," said Harry. "He said he wanted to warn Dumbledore about something. He definitely mentioned Bertha Jorkins, and he seemed to think she was dead. He kept saying stuff was his fault... He mentioned his son."

Lucia perked at the mention of Barty Crouch Junior, before she instantly stiffened in fear and agitation. Just the thought of the man made her blood boil in many ways, but were Harry, Ron, and Hermione slowly growing suspicious of him too?

Nah, she thought dryly. That couldn't be it...

"Well, that was his fault," said Hermione testily.

"He was out of his mind," said Harry. "Half the time he seemed to think his wife and son were still alive, and he kept talking to Percy about work and giving him instructions."