Chapter 37

Theodore waited just outside Draco's classroom, just off the main hallway. He had left his last class early, complaining of headache and nausea so he could be excused to fulfill his part of the plan. He wasn't sure exactly why Adrian wanted him to lure Draco to the statue of Gregory the Smarmy on the fifth floor, but the older Slytherin said it would help to teach the blonde a lesson.

Theodore was a bit wary, but Adrian soothed his conscious, stating it was only a joke and that it might help to bring Draco back into the fold. Nott hoped so.

He really missed Draco, even thought the blonde could be petulant and moody, he had done a lot for their house and ran it fairly. Much fairer than Blaise, who didn't really help the younger kids in Slytherin and kept his favourites well protected while letting everyone else fend for themselves against those in the other houses. At least the Malfoy heir had kept everyone a cohesive unit, them against everyone else.

Theodore stood a little straighter when he heard the soft click of shoes on the stone floor. That had to be Draco and he was alone. "Psst, Draco," Nott called out as the blonde went to walk past, heading upstairs to his rooms.

Draco came to a complete stop, watching Nott suspiciously as the other boy came out from around the corner to stop in front of him. "What do you want, Nott? Where're the rest of the masses?" "I wanted to talk to you," Theodore replied, noticing the way Draco's hands tightened before putting them inside his robe pockets. Theo took his hands out of his pockets showing the blonde that he wasn't armed.

"I would have thought you wouldn't want to be seen with a traitor," Draco said, his demeanor calm and watchful.

"I don't think you're a traitor," Nott uttered softly, and he actually meant it. He wasn't happy with the blonde being with Harry Potter, and he hoped that this 'lesson' of Adrian's would convince his former Slytherin leader to drop the Gryffindor, but he really didn't think of Draco as a traitor just because he happened to be gay, even if he was gay with Potter.

"So talk," Draco shot out, taking his hands out of his pockets and crossing them defensively over his chest.

Theodore took a step towards the blonde. "We should go somewhere more private to discuss you coming back to Slytherin."

XXX

'What the fuck!' Harry thought wildly as a meaty palm was slapped across his mouth, cutting off his cry while another large arm wrapped around his waist, pulling him backwards into an empty classroom. When he was released he twisted around to face Crabbe. Goyle stepped out from behind the door that he had just closed, standing between it and Harry. Both had their wands pointed at him.

"I'm only going to tell you this once," Crabbe stated menacingly before Harry could even utter a word of complaint or indignation at the treatment he had just received. "Draco's in trouble and you better do something."

Harry blinked, completely taken by surprise at what he was hearing. Why would the Slytherin's be warning him to help Draco? Didn't they all hate him now?

The two larger boys lowered their wands. "He's going to be on the fifth floor, by the statue of Gregory the Smarmy. You know...where that hidden passageway is where anyone could just grab him and take him out of Hogwarts," Crabbe continued while Goyle kept a wary eye on the dark haired Gryffindor. "I'd hurry up if I were you. And you didn't hear nothing from us." The two large Slytherins then departed the classroom, glancing around the empty corridor nervously before quickly walking away, leaving Harry in stunned indecision before he too raced out of the classroom.

XXX

"Why do I have to go to the fifth floor?" Draco questioned suspiciously as he stood before Nott, not moving.