Chapter 3

The beach was so so beautiful. The sand was super white. I extended my hand and reach for the sand. When I touched it, it was perfect. It's so soft. The water's super clean and very bluish. It's like an ombre. From light to dark blue. I've seen a couple of beaches here in England but this one's the best. I swear. I'm in love with this beach.

There were few people, but nothing more than those beaches I've seen before. Another reason why I liked this more.

"Mom, I need to mention. This beach is the best. I really enjoyed it even in the few seconds." She smiled and mouthed the words told you.

I rushed through the shore. I wanted to get my feet wet but I have converse on. I'm glad I brought some flip-flops.

"Mom, can I?" I said pointing the beach. I really hoped she knew what I was pointing of. If I could enjoy with the beach right now.

Mom settled me next to her in a cottage first. "Sure. Just don't get wet. Only your feet and hands, okay? James and the other family and us will eat dinner soon enough." I nodded.

I pulled my converse out of my feet. I decided wearing flip-flops while going into the waves wasn't a good idea. So my foot remained bare. I run to the shore. Strands of hair occasionally flipping because of the air. Glad I wore sweatshirt. I knew it would be cool out here. I tried to keep my beanie on. It was such a comfort.

After splashing and having fun with the sea, I went for a sit on the soft sand. I watched as the sun set while I was trying to dry my feet.

"Yo," someone called. I looked at him. He wore skinny pants, another boy sleeveless shirt, and Vans on his feet. "You love sunsets?" James asked and sat beside me.

I looked back at the sun. "Yeah. And sunrise too."

I can see him smile on my side view. We remained silence and let the sun set.

I love sunset and sunrise. It made me feel good. Like when I had a bad day, I could just watch sunset and realize there's another day. And it might be better. And when sun rises, I love how the morning breeze strikes me.

After a few minutes, the sunset finished.

"Did you came here too early?" he asked.

"Yeah. We'd like to watch sunset. Why did you came a bit late?"

"We stayed for a bit at the supermarket to buy foods for the trip. I heard the family of that seventeen-year-old boy's house was just near here. Have you seen them?"

I shook my head. "No. You?" He shook his head also. "Shouldn't we supposed to greet them?"

He shrugged and stood giving me a hand. I took it and stood also. "Maybe we should. Let's go," he said and we walked together towards the big cottage. I noticed they were all gone. I wore back my converse to be a bit more presentable.

I saw mom running towards us. "Where have you both been? We're eating finner already." She looked at us. Then we walked to a big house just across the road.

We entered the big white gate. James tripped but he's lucky that he even reached the gate to balance himself. We laughed out loud while mom fastly went inside. We followed her, still grinning. We entered the huge house. Very clean, I thought while looking at the place. I almost fell when I tripped on a two-step stairs.

"Oh my God!" I shouted. Luckily James caught my elbow that's why I didn't fell. He started laughing. And I also laughed the almost-an-accident off. We entered the dining hall smiling.

We saw all of our families were sitting. So we fastly ran to a free two chair.

James giggled again. And I stopped smiling. "Stop laughing. You idiot."