¤ Prologue ¤

In a vastly open-world, sizable compared to Earth, there are different kinds of races living there. It was mythical as creatures like elves and dragons would exist in such a place. But like any other place, this one was no exception either when it comes to conflicts. One of the recent significant events caused major disruption on one of the world's major continents.

The skies were red. Smoke and ash blanketed the land. Various races fought against each other to the death. The river is drying up. Clashes of light emitted from above the sky radiating across the continent.

Not even one could have predicted what was happening to the ambiance as there was no time to think about it as a safety priority. Homes and facilities were engulfed in fire as children were crying, looking for their parents. Earthquakes and flash floods were everywhere unexpectedly.

This catastrophic event was thanks to a war that took place on an unknown island. But who would have thought it was a clash between a monumental deity along with an army of tetulary and just a single enormous winged reptile-like creature, a dragon, that caused this.

The battle was rather one-sided considering it was one versus many. However, the vengeful dragon rushed towards the army of gods without a second thought. The deity was rather clueless about why just a single dragon raided and thought it was unwise.

"That impudent child, why would she make a rash decision like that?" It seemed an old man uttered disappointingly somewhere.

The wrath of God continued to accumulate while the dragon came towards even faster. As anticipated, the dragon stood no chance. The towering Greek-like god conjured a shining Excalibur then launched it towards the dragon. The sword movement was so quick that it became inevitable. The dragon groaned painfully as the blade pierced through its spine.

Just when the nemesis was about to form a second blade to finish the dragon off, the dragon managed to escape by a hair's breadth. A portal was formed as a gateway to the unknown as the dragon figured it was the only way to avoid being tracked down.

The trip when traveling through the portal was rather dizzying because it was moving towards an undiscovered territory, which led to an unusual yet comfy civilization.

_______________________________________

It was midnight here. The dragon landed on a crossroad and accidentally destroyed a pedestrian bridge causing the debris to bury its body. It was so exhausted that it couldn't be bothered to wonder about the peculiarities of the area. It was about time until the dragon reached its end. The sword that impaled on its spine has been reducing its energy swiftly.

"So this is it. My actions didn't fix anything. I can't do anything. I knew it was futile but acted anyway. I guess I just have to accept my fate here" the dragon concluded sadly and slowly closed its eyes.

But suddenly, a figure appeared and was approaching in its direction. It seems it was just an ordinary guy with a few goods with him. Seems like he just came back from a convenience store. The guy was pretty surprised to see what has been occurred in front of him while still calm about it as much as how normal people react when they see a stray cat carcass.

" What a pain. These monsters never stop causing troubles " the guy sighed.

___________________________________________

P.S: It is rather a short read for a prologue isn't it? Well, I assumed that is how long a prologue chapter would be.

Anyway, big thanks to you guys for checking this out. This is the first story I ever wrote besides essays in exams. FYI, I was writing this during my exam weeks so make sure to share it with your close mates.

I'll try to keep updating the story as frequently as possible. Stay tuned!!!!