Chapter 3: Reasons

"Kreek, Kreek, Kreek, Kreek, Kreek."

As they heading towards the school entrance, their vision were assisted by a swarm of fireflies by lighting up the path dispersedly.

Meanwhile, as annoying how it sound, the crickets noises did made the ambiance less quiet for them especially during this late.

After some walking, they finally arrived at the entrance. Saitama couldn't help but totally mesmerised by how well-done the facilities here.

Although no one told him, he can tell that this establishment must've already been running for a quite long period of time.

Despite that fact, the structures still look good as new. The facilities here sure were top notch.

The infrastructure is touristy and very traditional in style. It'll make you feel that you're on Kyoto tourism.

"This is really prestigious for a hidden faction. Not even a private school has such an accommodation"

Saitama's first statement was referring to when what Ijichi told him during the car ride.

Then, Ijichi guide Saitama and Tohru to the dormitory building along with Yuta. They called it dormitory but each student still get their own private room due to how little the jujutsu sorcerers in total.

"Okay, this is your room key, Saitama-kun, Tohru-kun."

"I'll see you two next morning" Yuta farewell them before entering his room.

"Aight, see ya"

Suddenly Gojo barged in

"Before I forgot, meet me at the main entrance tomorrow, 10 a.m. It'll be a interview session for jujutsu sorcerer application with the school principal. Make sure to prepare yourself ;D. See ya tomorrow!! " Gojo slowly walk out to the dormitory exit as soon he finished talking with a goodbye hand-wave.

"Ijichi, what do they usually asked during the interview? Especially when the job is literally about exorcising ghosts." Saitama inquired

"Lucky you asked bout' this earlier. Gojo-san totally won't even bother reminding you. The only one important thing you need to know is you need answered the principal question without bullshit."

"By that you mean??"

"As rough as it sounds, that's what it literally means. Just answer his question honestly and earnestly. Make him believe that you are totally ready for this job."

"So, I just to show that I'm all fired up for this profession, right?"

"Yes, precisely. Don't you worry. I saw a lot of people couldn't get recognised as a sorcerer due their lack of resolve and all of that were obvious during their interview sessions."

"Ahh, I owe you one, man. I just work as a labor before so going to a interview was never my thing. Oh, before I forgot.
Do they do items moving here?

"Oh, it's about the stuffs in your apartment, right? No worries. We'll immediately help you with moving work if your interview session was a success"

While Saitama and Ijichi was having a conversation, one of them has noticed that Tohru is not with them anymore.

"Saitama-kun, did you see where Tohru-kun went off?"

"Oh right, didn't noticed her absence either. I'll try look for that dragon-girl."

"Very well. Good night, Saitama-kun"

"You too, Ijichi"

After that, Saitama exited the dormitory and went strolling around his new place.

Saitama is not necessarily sleepy yet, so he decided to go hiking to the top of the Mt.Mushiro to check out the tallest tree here that happened to be there.

"That tree up there seems super cozy to lay off for a little while."

What Saitama did right now is usually not achievable by a normal person because there are no hiking path to be found to go up there.

What he did to arrive there was by jumping on the bumps of the mountain steep. Truly an abnormal feat.

"OOOHHHMPP....MY GODD!!!!"

That scream were occurred as soon as Saitama landed at the top of the mountain.

"Oh, you're here. Sorry for coming unalarmed."

"I knew something is coming but I totally didn't expected it was you."

"Yeah, I did came here unintentionally rushy.."

The truth is that Tohru already sensed that Saitama was approaching here but she just couldn't believe it was him due to the approach is so sudden thus made her perplexed to stay on guard or not.

Nonetheless, It's looked like Tohru already set up a fireplace. Maybe she wants to sleep here instead.

"You have plans or something? Since you climb your way up here."

"Initially, I was trying to look for you since you disappeared suddenly. But then decided to stroll around this place starting with the top of the mountain."

"I'm jusy not used to the environment below. I just like the freeing ambience here better."

"This area is sure nice especially for picnicking with this enormous shady tree."

They looked and admired at the great tree as soon as Saitama finished his compliment about the tree.

"Actually, I really want to thank you again properly."

"For what exactly?"

"Duhh, you the one who saved my life, right?"

"You mean that sword pulling act saved your life? So that wasn't just for display?"

"How did you even interpreted it like that? I was on the verge of my death during that moment."

"So, you're welcome..?"

"Words of gratitude just won't be enough. Do you have anything you would like me to do for you? I would even become your very servant!"

"Woah, woah. Slown down, girl. Do you want to get me into jail?"

"Wdym?"

"Having slave is lawfully illegal here...not just here, but almost worldwide I guess"

"That's odd. It's pretty normal to have them in my world"

"Oh, speaking of world, how do got here in first place?"

"It's a very long story. It begins when...."

"Oh please concise it. I'll appreciate that."

"Ack! Emmmmm..... so basically I lost to the gods and made a portal to a different world so I could escape. The huge sword that impaled me was the one manifested by the gods I fought"

"So gods are visible in your world and hostile towards dragons?"

"Not particularly dragons but the one whom got in their way"

"Sounds like politics to me."

"It just never ends"

"Still got parents there?"

"My father is there, carefully making a plan to defeat the gods unlike me. I'm sure everyone must think I'm already dead because the only reason I'm still breathing here is because you pulled the sword that in the first place".

"Is that so?"

"Why you asked?".

"I think eventually those guys will ask you the same thing. So why don't I get the idea of it firsthand".

"You're surprisingly thoughtful, Saitama-kun".

But truthfully, there is a reason behind Saitama question because Tohru is not the only one who came from another world.

"Saitama-kun...... this is based on my hunch but are you not from this world either, right?".

TO BE CONTINUED