step 3.

attachment ~

Maybe I got a little carried away. This newfound relationship with George, was everything I ever dreamed of and more. And I hate to admit it, but I was getting attached. Like overly attached. I could barely stand to even leave him for an hour. I know it sounds stupid, but I really really loved him.

I just felt like I needed to be with him every second of every day. Which I know that wasn't true, but it's how I felt. My life with him, had become so wonderfully filled with color and happiness.

I fell in love and it's as simple as that. Nothing could've been better than the way I felt when I was with him. I would've never expected to be sitting on a rooftop, holding his hand and just genuinely enjoying our time together. But atlas, time doesn't last forever and if I was being honest, we didn't have a lot left.

Of course I didn't know that at the time. Nor did I ever want to. But i'm getting ahead of myself again. So let's back track. Back to the rooftop, where me and him were cherishing our relationship together. Where everything started to come to piece. But I was so naive, that I hadn't realized it until it was too late.

"So I heard Sapnap found a new man." I began, looking at the stars in the night sky. Our best moments always happened to be at night. I wonder why that was.

He nodded, a brow lifted slightly. He readjusted his sitting position. Bringing his knees up to his chest. "Yeah, I think it's for the best that we didn't work out, you know?" George explained, clearing his throat.

I watched as more stars appeared from beneath the darkened beauty of the night sky. Like the freckles on George's cheeks. I think the stars resemble his freckles and his ever so powerful soul. He shines just as greatly as the stars do. He's the most beautiful boy i've ever met and I mean that wholeheartedly. There's no doubt about it. George is beautiful inside and out and there's nothing that would change my opinion on that.

I sighed, letting a slight smile creep over my face. "I guess so." I readjusted my palms that were lying flat against the rooftop. We didn't say much after that. George and I both just kind of took it upon ourselves to give the other some room to think.

"Karl's great though." He spoke after minutes of not talking.

I looked over in his direction. Watching as the wind blew his hair every-which way. It was mesmerizing to say the least and eventually, I forgot George had even spoke in the first place. Because I was so caught up in admiring his features, that I didn't even have the time to process his sentence.

I couldn't see anything but his eyes that were drilling holes through my chest. My chest pounded in anticipation and it felt as if I had just ran ten miles. My heart was doing jumping jacks like it was training for the olympics. Just pure ecstasy flooded my bones and for a moment, I forgot we were both sitting on a rooftop, watching the stars together.

Because that moment felt so surreal. Something that would only happen in a dream. Except it was real life and I just couldn't come to terms with that.

I watched his nose crinkle in confusion and admired the way his freckles got all squished. I watched how he stuck out his tongue to lick his dry, chapped lips and how he tilted his head, waiting for me to respond. And I still stared at him in confusion because truth was, I forgot what he had said.

"Dream?"

I snapped out of my daze. Coming back to terms with reality. He pulled me from my head and my battle against my thoughts. I raised a brow. "Hm?" I answered, not sure of the question he had asked before that.

He did his little head tilt that I always fell for. Where he tilts his head to the side and he looks at me with his pure, dark, innocent brown eyes. The eyes nobody had ever bothered to notice besides me. And then after his head tilt, followed a smile. A very beautiful smile indeed. The one I could never say no to. Not in a million years.