Part 2 The heartbreak

I just got done printing the papers and now I'm leaving the top floor to go to my classroom to drop the papers. As im walking down I see Ellen walking into the school, looking good as always. I walk to her to say hi and catch up, once I walk up to her she hugs me and I hug her, once we pull away my heart shatters. I see a ring on her hand, that's when I realize Grant proposed to her and she didn't tell me. "Hey Tess, you okay?" No i'm not fine, I say frustratingly in my head. "Oh yeah I'm fine" Lying to her. After a moment of silence she says " Oh I forgot to text you, I got married last month." After I say congrats I walk away with my head down almost with tears in my eyes trying not to let it out. But one falls and I know I will eventually break. But I don't, which im glad I didn't. I feel a little guilt I didn't tell her I loved her sooner but I didn't know if she felt the same way about me so I didn't and kept it to myself. No one, not even my family nor friends know about my love for Ellen. But telling them would make it worse. As soon as school starts I get in my classroom and just start introducing myself as well as my other homeroom advisor. After the homeroom time, 6th grade goes out into the commons for the teachers to introduce themselves. For the whole time I try so hard to ignore Ellen, but she eventually talked to me about what happened before school started. Of Course I told her nothing... she didn't need to know. But I knew I would not be able to keep it in for the next couple years.