『 Part 4: we're celebrating! 』

"love makes time pass, time makes love pass."
-Unknown.

"Well but Alexander said-"

"Do you really think that I trust Williams?"

"Well he did help you get out of the fire?"

"The fire that for all I know, he could have caused." 

We were now back home with coffee in our hands and I was shockingly doing better than a person who just lost their office and Dad's last letter 2 hours ago. I think it just hasn't hit yet, I think I'll feel the real pain when I miss dad and want to read that letter all over again but it isn't there.

"C'mon I don't know the guy and I do know he hates you but I really don't think that Alexander is even capable of causing a fire just because he can't handle word wars with you."

"It's not just word wars and you know, he even has motive to cause a fire."

"I know I'm going to regret asking this but what do you think would be the Alexander's motive behind burning down your office?"

"He might just have liked my project way too much, wants all the credit and is sabotaging."

"That's ridiculous. You are already giving him 20 percent credit which if you ask me, is way too much and he is already your supervisor which gives him a ton of recognition anyways."

"Ugh, I don't even know if all this is worth talking about yet. My project might not even get approved."

"Oh don't be dumb Soph. Of course it's going to get approved, I heard Garry talking on the phone today, they are just waiting on the branch head for signatures. They've got it all done."

That's good right? But what if the Branch head thinks my project is shitty and declines it? NOOO

I saw the look on Rachel's face and I know it all too well. This bitch.

She is hiding something.

We both know each other inside out and I've seen that face a ton of times. Does she really think she can hide stuff from me anymore? I mean, why do you even fucking try?

I give her the I-know-you're-hiding-something-from-me look and she immediately spills the beans.

"I didn't want to tell you because I don't think it's my secret to tell but when I was eavesdropping on Garry, they were talking about voting and shit and he was talking about how Alexander was the one who pushed the whole committee to approve your application and even called in a ton of personal favor's to get you the votes. "

"What?"

"Alexander was the one who-"

"Yea I heard you I was just processing it. Are you sure?"

She nodded.

Why would he do that?

I mean, I know he caught me in a little vulnerable position yesterday at the café and then again today with the letter but I tried to hide my emotions as well as I could. I admit I'm not very good at it but he should just be oblivious to my feelings like always. I'm used to it. Was he doing this out of pity or did he actually think my project was good?

Both are Bad.

This sucks. Lets say my project gets accepted. It will be because he called in favors for it and NOT because of its merits. That doesn't sound like victory to me. I need to have a talk with this guy whenever I see him next.