Chapter 1

At the Tree of Life

It was a pleasant day at the Tree of Life. The Birds were chirping, all the animals were playing and the Night Pride had just finished their patrol around the Tundra region of the Tree of Life.
"At last the patrol around Tundra region is over" said a teenage lion with dark brown fur and a dark brown mane. "Come on Baliyo. I thought you loved patrolling around the Tree of Life." chuckled a teenage lioness with dark brown fur and big brown eyes. "Yes Rani , I love patrolling. It's just today I am feeling very much tired." said Baliyo. At this a young adult lion and lioness started to laugh.
"Hey! Uncle Surak and Aunt Nirmala , why are you laughing so much." Asked Baliyo.
At this Surak replied,"Sorry Baliyo we were just laughing because we remembered that today you woke very late and then also you are tired so fast." Baliyo was just about to say something about it until they heard some more giggles. The Night Pride looked in that direction and saw two adult lion and lioness walking towards them. "Mom Dad " cried Rani and Baliyo as they went towards the King and Queen of the Tree of Life who were also their parents to give them a short nuzzle. "Rani , Baliyo. Good to see that at last your patrol is over" said Queen Ananda, Rani and Baliyo's mom. "Yes mom today it got over earlier since today nothing much happened " said Rani. "Well then it looks like we came at the right time" said King Sahasi, Rani and Baliyo's dad.

 "Well then it looks like we came at the right time" said King Sahasi, Rani and Baliyo's dad

"Hi big brother, so what brings you and Anada here today" asked Surak , smiling

At this, Sahasi said "Well Surak , today our mother Janna told us that she would take care of our Royal duties and that today we should spend some time with you" "Oh that would be awesome." cried Baliyo happily. Then Ananda asked "OK. So where do you think we all should hang out". At this Rani replied "Oh. I know. We all could go to the edge of the fastest flowing river in the Tree of Life. I know a perfect relaxing spot there."
Everyone agreed to Rani and so they all went to the edge of the fastest flowing river. Little did they know, that they would be soon in a problem there.
When they reached their, they could hear the noise of the fast flowing water. It was forbidden to swim in that river since the flow of the river was very very fast. Baliyo came near the river and wondered "I wonder why this water flows so fastly". But unfortunately, he was too close to river, and suddenly his paw slipped and he fell into it. "Help Help" Baliyo started shouting as everyone reached there and started to think to what to do now. "Hold on still Baliyo , we are coming " cried Rani, but suddenly the earth under their feet broke and then Rani, Nirmala, Surak, Ananda and Sahasi, all fell into the river too as the river took them far far away from the Tree of Life.

An hour later,
Everyone woke up from their trance and started to look around them. They didn't knew where they were. All around them, they could only see some trees and a little ahead of them was a narrow mountain pass. "Is everyone Okay?" asked Sahasi as he slowly started to check on their kids along with Ananda. Nobody seemed to be hurt and everyone looked fine. " Yeah we all are Okay " said Nirmala as she started to shake some water of her fur. "Yes we are Okay but where are we ?" asked Surak while observing his surroundings. At this Sahasi replied, "I don't know Surak. It looks like the fast flow of the river has bought us far far away from our home."
"But Dad , then what must we do now. How will we find our way back to home?" asked Rani looking worried. "I don't know?" replied Sahasi truthfully. Then Baliyo suddenly noticed the narrow mountain pass and exclaimed "Hey, how about we move through that narrow mountain pass. I mean, it looks similar to that path which is near our home so maybe it would lead to our home."
Everyone thought about that idea until Ananda replied, " I think this idea is worth a try. After all we don't know where to go now." Everybody thought about it for a moment and then they nodded. And so, everyone started to walk towards the mountain pass thinking that what more worse could happen with them.
Little did they know that there was a teenage lion with amber eyes hiding in the shadows, watching their every move. Little did they know that the land they would enter after crossing the mountain pass actually even had the territory of that lion.
After watching the King, Queen and the Night Pride going towards the mountain pass, that lion quickly sprinted towards a path which was actually a shortcut to his territory with his golden yellow fur shining in the sun and his bright red mane which was not full grown but almost reached his back flowing behind him due to the breeze.
While running towards his territory, he had only one thing in his mind, to stop those strange lions from invading his territory.
When he reached his territory he, hid behind a bush, waiting for the newcomers to enter with his claws and fangs out just in case he have to fight them as he kept mumbling to himself "You can do it Kion, go and protect your territory. "