Chapter 4

The Sun rose over the horizon, as all the animals got ready to start a new day. While most of them would graze or hunt around, a group of particular lions would start their journey to the Tree of Life.
"OK Guys. Are you ready to start our journey ?" asked Kion, excited to travel to a new land with his new made friends. Because of being alone for all those years, having friends was really a new experience for him. He especially loved the company of Rani, who he thought was more special than any other lioness he could think off.
"Yes Kion. Lets Go!" exclaimed Baliyo, ready to return to his home. "You said it Baliyo. Let's start our journey." said Rani, as excited as Baliyo to return home, and probably even excited because Kion was coming with them.
Since Rani had first met Kion, she was too having a special feeling for him. She even believed that Kion was not a normal lion and that he was somehow special than any other lion she could think off.
"Yes Kion, we all are ready to return home", said Ananda as Surak and Nirmala nodded behind her. "Yes Kion. Lead the way." said Sahasi, feeling glad that Kion was helping him and his family to return home, though, he was even feeling a little concerned at the same time at the thought that Kion was leaving his territory all alone just to help them.
Then Kion said, "OK. Everyone, so follow me". And with this Kion started to walk towards the Mountain pass with king Sahasi, queen Ananda and the Night Pride following him so that they could leave Kion's territory and travel to their first destination to reach the Kingdom of the Tree of Life.
After a few minutes of walking, they finally reached to their first destination which was none other than a Hot Desert.
( If you want to know the two destinations to reach the Kingdom of the Tree of Life in my story so please read the previous chapter )

The sun was shining above them as Kion, the King and Queen,  and the Night Pride proceeded to walk over the hot sand. It was very hot and everyone, especially Baliyo was starting to get thirsty.
"Are you sure Kion that this is the right way to reach our home?" asked Baliyo after sometime who was starting to get more and more thirsty than others. At this, Kion replied, "Yes Baliyo, I am sure. We just have to cross this desert, after which we will reach our second destination to reach your home." Then Rani said, "I hope we get their soon. I am starting to get thirsty." "So are we", said Surak while referring to Nirmala, Ananda and Sahasi and himself.
At this Kion smiled at them as he said, "Don't worry everyone. After crossing this desert, our second destination is a forest and as much as I remember, there is a big and beautiful watering hole there which would have enough water for everyone to drink."
Kion's last words were enough to energize Baliyo. As soon as he heard about the watering hole, he got excited and started running in front of others while shouting, "So, what are we waiting for. Let's get their fast."
Though Baliyo was running so fast that suddenly he slipped and fell into the sand. "Baliyo are you OK." asked Sahasi looking a little concerned. "Yes dad I am fine" replied Baliyo as he got back to his feet. But as soon as he took a step towards his dad , they all suddenly heard a booming sound.
"What was that?" Nirmala asked Surak while looking a little surprised as Surak replied, "I Don't know". Then Baliyo took another step and suddenly they again heard the same booming sound.
Then baliyo said, "Hey Guys check it out." and with this Baliyo started jumping up and down on the sand creating more booming sounds.
Then Rani asked, "Hey Baliyo. How are you doing it?". At this Baliyo replied, "Don't know sis. But it's fun."
Then Ananda asked Kion, "Kion. Do you know what this sound is?" At this Kion replied, "I think I know what it is Queen Ananda. It looks like Baliyo is standing on a booming sand dune. I have heard of them but never actually heard them. It is very rare to find one in desert."
"Oh Yes Kion. Then wait till you hear this." said Baliyo making more booming sounds. After this, the journey through the desert became more joyful. Rani and Baliyo told Kion everything about their home, while they stopped near every booming sand dune they could found to have a little fun.
After a few hours of more walking, Kion, Queen Ananda, King Sahasi and the Night Pride finally reached their second and last destination before getting back to the Kingdom of the Tree of Life. Their second destination to reach the Tree of Life was a Lush Green Forest.

They all walked through the beautiful green forest while feeling relieved to be out of the scorching heat of the sun as Baliyo asked Kion, "So Kion, where is the beautiful watering hole you were telling us about? I am really excited to see it

They all walked through the beautiful green forest while feeling relieved to be out of the scorching heat of the sun as Baliyo asked Kion, "So Kion, where is the beautiful watering hole you were telling us about? I am really excited to see it." At this Kion smiled as he said, "Don't worry Baliyo, I am sure we will reach the watering hole soon."
And Kion's words came true !
After a few minutes of more walking Kion , the King and Queen and the Night Pride came across a very beautiful watering hole with beautiful flowers blooming all around it.

" And Kion's words came true ! After a few minutes of more walking Kion , the King and Queen and the Night Pride came across a very beautiful watering hole with beautiful flowers blooming all around it

Baliyo couldn't contain his happiness as he saw the watering hole. He quickly ran past the lions and jumped into the water enjoying the state of being wet since he had walked for hours to cross the big dry desert. The rest of the Night Pride, Kion and the King and Queen of Tree of Life soon joined him drinking the cool water and resting a little after their long journey through the desert.
After their rest Kion stood up and said to everyone, "OK everybody, now we are not far from the Tree of Life. We have to just cross this forest and soon we will reach your home. So now let's go."
Everyone agreed with Kion and thus they all again continued their journey to the magnificent kingdom of the Tree of Life. After some minutes of more walking, they finally crossed the forest and soon arrived in the land which was covered with snow which seemed to gleam in the sunlight. Ahead of them was a big icy lake and on the other side of the lake was a narrow mountain pass.
As soon as the Night Pride saw the pass, they recognized it and Nirmala exclaimed, " The Kingdom of the Tree of Life. We have finally reached home."
Kion, not aware that on the other side of pass is the Kingdom of the Tree of Life looked at her with confusion and asked, "So you all live here. Between all this snow ?". At this, Rani giggled  as she explained to him, "No Kion. The Kingdom of the Tree of Life is on the other side of the pass and its not at all covered with snow except our Tundra region part."
Then Surak asked Kion, "How about coming with us and visiting our home once Kion?". At this Kion replied, "I don't know whether it is a good idea to explore your home right now knowing that I have my territory to protect." But when Kion saw the saddened face of Rani and Baliyo which was because he was not coming with them to their home, Kion changed his mind and said, "But perhaps it will not hurt to explore your home a little."
At this Baliyo's smile regained as he shouted, "So what are we waiting for. Let's go and put an end to our journey to our home. Let's see who will reach the pass first."
And by saying this, Baliyo quickly sprinted towards the pass with the rest of Night Pride, the King, Queen and Kion following him.
Little did they knew that a pair of vicious looking eyes was staring at them from near a cave with an army of evil looking animals just behind him. The army consisted of a 2 Snow Leopards, 5 normal Leopards, 3 Komodo Dragons, a Bintorong and some Porcupines. In front of them was a lion with a dark black mane and dirty brown fur who was keeping an close eye on the Night Pride, the King and Queen and especially Kion with his deep red eyes. He growled at the group of lions as they happily ran towards the mountain pass and then turned to his Army giving them an evil looking smile. Then he said to them, "Now it's our chance to destroy the Night Pride, King Sahasi and Queen Ananda of the Tree of Life considering that they are outside the security of their Kingdom. Now soon  the Kingdom of the Tree of Life  will be ours."
With this, he and his Army laughed menacingly as they all made their way towards the group of lions who were not aware of this upcoming danger.