chapter: 5

"Kai!" Hmm....

"Kai!" Who's calling me?

"Kai please wake up!" I hear...someone crying.

"KAI!" I slowly opened my eyes and saw a yellow blob in front of my face. The figure slowly started to take form showing me the face of Mei crying.

"Thank goodness you're awake!" She said as she quickly hugged me.

"Where's....Luka?" All of the sudden Mei dropped her view.

"What happened to her?" I said now worried.

"Shes in her room unconscious..."

"WHAT!?" I quickly ran to Lukas room and as Mei said there she was, in her bed with guards around her.

"Please tell me this isn't true?" I asked one of the guards.

"I'm sorry sir..." That was all he said. I slowly walked to her as I scanned her face. Her skin was pale than usual and her hair color....didn't look the same. I slowly grabbed a string of her hair and glare at it. You will pay.... When I first got out with Luka to check what was happening the first thing we sensed was dark magic. I got out of the room and walked where Mei was.

"You did this" I said a bit mad as she looked at me confused.

"Did what?"

"You did this to Luka!"

"W-what?" She looked at me shocked.

"I'm sorry but have you sensed any dark magic on me?" She said angry.

"Where were you when we got out of the room huh!? Isn't it a coincidence that the dark magic appears in the places you are? In the dungeon and now here? It's obvious!"

"Why!? Cuz of my wings!? Everyone is born with errors don't you think!?"

"You think I don't know you're a fallen Angel!?"

"SO WHAT!?" She yelled.

"Dont..." She spoke quietly.

"Don't judge me..." I remind silent as I glare at her.

"I've changed...."

"So you're admitting that you have dark power?"

"I didn't say that"

"So you don't"

"I didn't say that either" this woman is so confusing.

"I didn't hurt Luka"

"Then who did?" I said annoyed. She looked down and then spoke.

"Hikaru...."

"Who?" She then face me with a more confident look.

"Hikaru" who's Hikaru? I asked her who Hikaru was but she wouldn't answer.

"I honestly can't say no more....I'm sorry" she said as she bow to me as apologies. I stopped asking her questions. This won't take us anywhere. Suddenly my medallion started to glow.

"Yes?" I said as I heard the voice of Aito.

"Kai, you there?"

"Yes, what's wrong Aito?"

"Dude, you have to come and check this out. I found something that might surprise you" what's this all about?

"Sure, I'll be there in a sec but where are you?"

"I'm at the village, meet me there" I was about to accept when I suddenly remember about Mei. I can't simply leave her here.

"Mei?"

"Yes?"

"You can fly.....right?"

"Is that a challenge?" She said as she spread her big wings.

"Alright then let's go!" I said as we both run to the main entrance and fly. I slowed down so I wouldn't left Mei behind but when I looked behind me she wasn't there. Where is she? I looked back to the front and to my surprised she was there

"Cant you go any slower?" I smirk and speed up as fast as I could. I looked back and I saw her coming....super fast. In a matter of seconds she quickly passed me. What the!? How!? I speed up and manage to catch up to her.

"So where are we heading?"

"A friend of mine asked me to meet him. He said I better check out something he found"

"Oh okay" in a couple of minutes we got to the village where I saw Aito.

"Hey man" he said as he suddenly froze when he saw Mei. He then lean to me and whisper.

"Whos the hot chick?" I fight the urge to punch the guys guts but I hold it.

"Aito, this is Mei. Mei this is Aito"

"Pleasure to meet you" Aito said as he bow.

"N-nice to meet you too" she said as she hide behind my back.

"Don't be shy, I don't bite" Aito said as Mei slowly got out and when Aito saw those wings he practically fall to the floor.

"W-what's wrong with you're wings!?"

"Is it that weird for me to have wings like this?"

"I'll explain later okay?" I said as I helped Aito get up.

"So why did you ask us to come here?"

"Oh, right. Follow me" after half an hour of flight we saw a floating island but what impact more was that there was an abandoned temple there. I have never seen this before. We landed on the ground and glared at the temple.

"Wow, it's huge!" I said amused.

"I know right? I was flying last night to think when I suddenly saw this. I was going to call you but the guards told me you were busy"

"Well? Shall we get in?" I said and Aito nodded. We walked in when we suddenly heard the door shut close. We quickly looked behind and we saw Mei. She was looking down when suddenly she looked at us. She had red eyes and blood coming out of it. Her wings turned black and she have this creepy smile.

"Youre not going anywhere from here..."