Chapter 1

Splendid's POV
.................................

I was just minding my own business at the Cafe when a waitress came up to me, she was a grey and white squirrel with a friendly smile.

"Hello sir, can I get you anything?" She asked, taking out a notepad.  "Um, a coffee please?" I said.

She smiled and took the menu before heading to the kitchen.  After a few minutes, she came back with the coffee and set it in front of me.

"Thank you." I said, giving her a smile. She returned it and walked away.
.....................................................................

That afternoon, I was just flying around when I seen a familiar grey squirrel flying in front of me. They were a few feet away, so I sped up to get her attention.  "Hello ma'am, don't I know you from somewhere?" I asked.  The girl turned her head to look at me and looked confused.  "Uh, I don't think so." She said, stopping.

I stopped myself. "Well, does this look familiar?" I asked, taking off my mask and putting on my reading glasses. Her eyes went wide.  "No way, you're the guy from the cafe!" She yelled, grabbing my wrists.

"Y..yeah, not so loud though, don't want the whole community to hear." I said quietly.  "Oh, yeah, sorry." She said, covering her mouth. I smiled and grabbed her paws.

Suddenly, we heard the bank alarm in the distance. We nodded and flew off to the bank.