Chapter 2

Halo's POV
........................

Me and Splendid flew up to the bank and stopped in front of the entrance.  "Those two again.." Splendid said, sounding tired and annoyed.  I could tell that he met these two raccoons before.

They were laughing as they were walking towards us.  "Ahem, what do you two think you're doing?" I said, crossing my arms.  "What the heck?, another superhero!" Shifty said.  "Don't worry bro, I've got the thing." Lifty whispered to his brother.

He took out a gold and red ruby box. He opened it and waited for the magic to happen, smiling evilly.

I looked at Splendid and noticed that he was about to puke. I rubbed his back as he puked.  That's when I heard the twins laugh.

This made me mad, I turned around and kicked them both where it hurt. They dropped the box and fell to the ground. I called the police before taking Splendid home.
.............................................

At Splendid's home, I took him to bed and got him from ginger ale.

"Here you go Splendid, this should settle your stomach." I said, giving him the cup. He took it and took a sip.

I touched his forehead and frowned. "You're a little warm." I said before going to the bathroom.  I soaked a washcloth under the sink and went back to Splendid. Putting the cloth on his head, he let out a sigh and closed his eyes.  I pulled up a chair and sat next to his bed.