Valentine's Day

Day 14- Valentine story

No flowers. No chocolates. No dates.

February fourteenth maybe be a special day celebrated by lovers all across the world, but not so for Nora and Sam. For them it was like any other regular day- wake up, go to work, come home, watch a movie, and sleep.

"Hey" Nora nudges her long-term boyfriend "You aren't very romantic you know." She keenly looks at Sam as she searches for the mildest reaction on his stoic face.

"Why?" He asks in confusion. In all those years, Sam never once heard of her make such a complaint. He pauses the movie they were just watching and keeps the remote aside. Deep down he fears the worst even though it doesn't show on his face.

Nora pouts at him and says, "You never say I love you."

Hearing her voice her concern, Sam chuckles in half relief and half surprise. However, her concerns are valid. It's been ages since she heard those words from her boyfriend's lips, wheras our little lady professed her love for him many times a day.

"Babe, listen..." he pinches her nose lovingly and leans forward to whisper in her ears "...some things are understood even with no words"

The tingling sensation in Nora's ear almost makes her smile. But not today. Her resolve stands firm and she needs him to say it directly, at least today of all days.

"I know" She pushes Sam slightly. She stares at him with all intensity and says, "But sometimes I would also love to hear it from you."

Her eyes remind him of a lost puppy. He thinks of words to describe how blissful he feels right next to her. How much he adores her and wishes to protect her as his most precious person. Being bad with words, he couldn't weave his emotions into beautiful love poems or love letters. He hesitatingly caves in to her demand and mutters in embarassment, "I love you."

He looks at her as she stays silent. The next moment Nora turns completely red! She springs at him with all her might. As they fall on the sofa, she hugs him tightly and exclaims "I love you too!"