How to evolve Eevee into Sylveon in pokemon X and Y

Transforming Eevee to Sylveon is quite a difficult task in Pokemon X and Y. However, a way to do that has finally been found.

In Pokémon X and Y, Eevees can be caught on Route 10, which is located between Geosenge Town and Cyllage City. Teach your Eevee a Fairy-type move. The first requirement for Eevee to evolve into Sylveon is that it must know at least one Fairy-type move. Unlike other Fairy-type Pokémon like Clefable, no moonstone is needed to evolve Sylveon.

 Eevee learns two Fairy-type moves from leveling up: Baby-doll Eyes at Level 9 and Charm at Level 29. Note that Eevee can't learn any Fairy-type moves from TMs.

You also need to make it very, very happy. The solution lies in the new Pokemon-Amie system, which allows you to play and pet your Pokemon. To evolve to Sylveon, you're going to need to have all three sections in Amie--Affection, Fullness, and Enjoyment--up to max. Filling up Enjoyment is as easy as playing a bunch of minigames, and that will give you enough snacks to make sure your Pokemon's Fullness is max.

Make sure you get only 2-3 affection hearts, because maxing out Eevee's affection may cause it to evolve into Espeon or Umbreon.

Now, level it up! You can do this through random battles, fights with other trainers, and so on. Once your Eevee levels up, assuming the conditions above have been met, it should immediately evolve into Sylveon. Congratulations!

Avoid areas with moss or ice rock when leveling up. While leveling your Eevee up in the vast majority of the areas of the game will cause it to evolve into a Sylveon once the conditions above are met, there are several important exceptions that you'll want to be aware of. Failing to observe these exceptions can cause your Eevee to evolve into an undesired form! Two of Eevee's evolved forms, Leafeon and Glaceon, require you to level up the Eevee near a moss rock or an ice rock respectively to achieve the evolution. If you level up your Eevee near either of these, it will evolve into one of the other forms no matter whether or not you met the conditions for Sylveon above. In Pokémon X and Y, the spots to avoid are: